May 09, 2024, 08:50:16 AM

News:

Which 2-1 to use?????

Started by BB Wolf 63627, October 09, 2011, 07:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB Wolf 63627

Finishing my build 95" with SE forged pistons, 06 heads with 86cc big boyz porting & 0 deck height .030 MLS gaskets, andrews 26g cams,on a 05 ultra classic. What do you guys think about pipe for this build? I do a lot of 2 up long distance riding. Anyone else running this combo. If so which exhaust are you running.
Weather I'm 12 or 64, gonna live my life like there aint gonna be no more!

biggzed

Supermeg seems to give a great balance of power and tolerable volume.

Zach

Barrett

SuperTrapp Supermeg..your ears and passenger will thank you on the long rides, they make good power too.

Jeffd

Quote from: BB Wolf 63627 on October 09, 2011, 07:25:47 AM
Finishing my build 95" with SE forged pistons, 06 heads with 86cc big boyz porting & 0 deck height .030 MLS gaskets, andrews 26g cams,on a 05 ultra classic. What do you guys think about pipe for this build? I do a lot of 2 up long distance riding. Anyone else running this combo. If so which exhaust are you running.

I had a similar build, I had se cast flat tops and gmr's version of the bigboyz port with 83cc 0 deck .030 26g, 04 egc and supertrapp supermeg and it ran very good.  mid 90's torq on local dyno and 102 tq on latus motors dyno, started right off the bottom. 

Horizonmech

Like it or not the Thunderheader with the baffles modified is hard to beat...... :wink:
"See ya round....if ya don't turn oblong"

acbacb

Quote from: Barrett on October 09, 2011, 09:06:52 AM
SuperTrapp Supermeg..your ears and passenger will thank you on the long rides, they make good power too.
:agree:
2012 FLHX Street Glide

gabbyduffy

SUPERTRAPP SUPERMEG............ the best....   :wink:
Duffy 216-633-8541 eastern time zone.

Jaycee1964

Supermeg is it.  I got one and wouldn't go with anything else. 
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

Thumper Buttercup

We are running the same build you have except we have the 48N cams, and Larry did our
heads, we are running the SuperTrapp SuperMeg and we really like it.  Always riding two
up here.
04 Ultra, 95 Cu, 48N, Larry's Heads TTS

calgary56

horizonmech - "Thunderheader with the baffles modified" ... what's involved with modifying the baffles? ... can you purchase them already modified?
Live Long, ... Out Ride the Reaper !

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: calgary56 on October 09, 2011, 05:50:22 PM
horizonmech - "Thunderheader with the baffles modified" ... what's involved with modifying the baffles? ... can you purchase them already modified?

Quote from: Horizonmech on October 09, 2011, 10:49:41 AM
Like it or not the Thunderheader with the baffles modified is hard to beat...... :wink:

Why do I find this funny?   :hyst:

Max

sixxfoot

The bottle ain't the blame ....it just lets you ...Mike Cooley DBT

kbiforce

Dustball

I have a D&D Fat Cat with quiet baffle, nd it makes great power and is very tolerable on long rides.  My second choice with a Super Meg.  :smiled:

02 Ultra

02 Ultra Classic mild 95"

Horizonmech

Please Max, I'm interested to know this is so amusing......It's well documented.....
"See ya round....if ya don't turn oblong"

gonefishing_68

BB Wolf 63627

Thanks for all the replies. Supertrap Supermeg it is.
Weather I'm 12 or 64, gonna live my life like there aint gonna be no more!

hrdtail78

I have 2 builds out there closely to yours.  83 cc heads.  One is mine and the other is a custmers.  Both are running a TH w/ two edges bent on the baffle.  They run strong and are low 100 tq, high 90's power.  It is nice to see the 26 pull to redline with proper set up heads.

They are both loud, yes I can still hear my radio at highway speeds, but it is hard to find somebody that wants to ride on the right.  I mention sound because I don't think you will find any power difference between the TH and SM if the time is taken to set the disc count correctly.  IMO the TH sounds better.
Semper Fi

Tattoo

October 12, 2011, 09:11:14 AM #19 Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:39:43 AM by Tattoo
I have tried them all , fatcat to thunderheader and the supermeg is my personal favorite for sound and power.
"You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me"

boooby1744

I jst got a RB racing black hole for my '12 RK. Not the best choice for power,but i like the way it looks and sounds.  I 'll put it on this winter,along with headwork and a  cam.

Jeffd

Quote from: boooby1744 on October 12, 2011, 10:18:59 AM
I jst got a RB racing black hole for my '12 RK. Not the best choice for power,but i like the way it looks and sounds.  I 'll put it on this winter,along with headwork and a  cam.

I thought the RB was supposed to be best for power?

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: Horizonmech on October 10, 2011, 05:31:59 PM
Please Max, I'm interested to know this is so amusing......It's well documented.....

Yep.  Lets just say to make it hard to beat you need to beat on it.. with a hammer and a punch.. :teeth:  Max

boooby1744

Quote from: Jeffd on October 12, 2011, 12:25:35 PM

I thought the RB was supposed to be best for power?
Horsepower,yes,bottom end torque,there are better pipes.

DarrellV

I like the D&D FatCat pipe. i have it on my older E-Glide which is about the same motor /cams etc. as yours and I also have one on my new 103"motor.

Pilgrim

RB dropped mine at FedEx today; it's due here Weds and I'll put it on right away.  Not everybody would put an SE259 cam in their 103" build with SE high-compression heads and pistons for an RG but I did; we'll see how this pipe works with it.

Pilgrim
Your bike is $2,000 away from being dead, solid perfect.  And it always will be.

hogasm

Give these a look

Costly...very costly...but nice

www.akrapovic-custom.com
04 SEEG
02 FLHTC

ready2ride

I like my d&d fatcat, my old bassani was loud and lost torque
i want a flatknuckpanshovevotwinster glider

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: ready2ride on October 16, 2011, 06:57:29 AM

Flip side.. I went from a fatcat to a bassani and picked up a bunch of mid range tq..  :scratch: Max

saddle tramp

Max,
Was that on the EGC or another bike ?

Quote from: MaxHeadflow on October 16, 2011, 08:41:30 AM

Flip side.. I went from a fatcat to a bassani and picked up a bunch of mid range tq..  :scratch: Max

CndUltra88

Calgary, there is some type of tab on the baffle  be it inside the megaphone or at the external end I do not know.
02 roadcling was at Jarzz Performance and they had his bike on the dyno and the tweek was already done before I arrived to bravo sierra with Steve.
From what I recall it is a "common tweek" with the Thunderheader , and most guys swear by this free mod.
Either you luv the TH or you Hate them, I fall in the latter myself...they are to dam noisy for my virgin ears.
My vote is for the V&H Pro Pipe, but again it was to loud for my apartment complex and took my licks in the pocket book rather than an eviction notice.
There are lots of pipes to choose from and eventually the OP will hear the one he likes,
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

lonewolf

Just bend the tabs at the end out to within 1/4". Fat Cat's a good pipe. Supertrapp gives you a chance to move the power around, but I have seen a few that tend to discolor at the connection.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

05FLHTC

FWIW I like almost any 2 in 1 pipe but the Pfffffffffft Trap  :doh:

I am currently running a 2 in 1 Bub 7 great sound & performance is 2nd to none IME.

Sound is a personal taste so to each their own  :bike:
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

Deye76

Quote from: lonewolf on October 16, 2011, 11:12:56 AM
Just bend the tabs at the end out to within 1/4". Fat Cat's a good pipe. Supertrapp gives you a chance to move the power around, but I have seen a few that tend to discolor at the connection.

I feel dips are often not felt, but I'd rather have the dip low than in the midrange like the 2 graphs show.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Admiral Akbar

Depends.. For a bagger, going to a Bassani with trap on the end, it picked up a bunch.. Not sure about the  stock Bassani as it was too loud.

On a 116 dyna, a box stock, Bassani Road Rage made real good mid tq, compared to so stepped Turdomax's it picked up a bunch of mid range but I'd cleaned up the heads (IE flow)  and increased the cr 1/2 point. For some reason it's not as loud..

Max

Quote from: pigfixer on October 16, 2011, 10:16:52 AM
Max,

gabbyduffy

Quote from: MaxHeadflow on October 16, 2011, 04:44:20 PM
Depends.. For a bagger, going to a Bassani with trap on the end, it picked up a bunch.. Not sure about the  stock Bassani as it was too loud.

On a 116 dyna, a box stock, Bassani Road Rage made real good mid tq, compared to so stepped Turdomax's it picked up a bunch of mid range but I'd cleaned up the heads (IE flow)  and increased the cr 1/2 point. For some reason it's not as loud..

Max

Max,

Max can you post some photos, as well as some instructions, and list of parts to change my trapp like you did. Thanks
Duffy 216-633-8541 eastern time zone.

Jeffd

Quote from: 05FLHTC on October 16, 2011, 02:07:44 PM
FWIW I like almost any 2 in 1 pipe but the Pfffffffffft Trap  :doh:

I am currently running a 2 in 1 Bub 7 great sound & performance is 2nd to none IME.

Sound is a personal taste so to each their own  :bike:

strangely enough I did not like the pfft sound my mild 04 95 made when I ran the closed end cap so I always ran an open end cap but on my new 103 with the closed end cap there is no pfft pfft at all just a really nice sound. 

saddle tramp

Max,
yea, what did you do to the bassani, did you put the trapp end on it and if so did you leave off the Bassani reverse cone ? Where you running a closed end cap or open ? How many disc's where you using.
Is the pipe still on the bike, if not could I buy, borrow or rent it from you ?
Sure would like some pic's of what you did to get the gains on the EGC.
I'll send you my e-mail if you don't already have it.
PS what the heck is the stepped turdomax"s

Quote from: MaxHeadflow on October 16, 2011, 04:44:20 PM

Max

Max,

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: pigfixer on October 16, 2011, 07:05:18 PM
Max,
yea, what did you do to the bassani, did you put the trapp end on it and if so did you leave off the Bassani reverse cone ? Where you running a closed end cap or open ? How many disc's where you using.
Is the pipe still on the bike, if not could I buy, borrow or rent it from you ?
Sure would like some pic's of what you did to get the gains on the EGC.
I'll send you my e-mail if you don't already have it.
PS what the heck is the stepped turdomax"s

Cone is removed.

Running and open end cap om the pipe now for the EGC. Still at 16 to 20 with open end cap.

How I did the mods..

http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,39412.msg407192.html#msg407192/

Using a stock endcap now..

Here are some other basstrapps. 

http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,19438.msg198008.html#msg198008

Still on the bike.. Need to go to the dyno so I can compare it to the Fat cat but the mid feels much stronger on the mid range.. Probably lost HP up top. Mouse cam is holding it back..

Turdomax(TM)

On the road king.

http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,36290.msg376950.html#msg376950

and

On the Dyna.

Max