May 09, 2024, 10:28:45 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Which 2-1 to use?????

Started by BB Wolf 63627, October 09, 2011, 07:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB Wolf 63627

Finishing my build 95" with SE forged pistons, 06 heads with 86cc big boyz porting & 0 deck height .030 MLS gaskets, andrews 26g cams,on a 05 ultra classic. What do you guys think about pipe for this build? I do a lot of 2 up long distance riding. Anyone else running this combo. If so which exhaust are you running.
Weather I'm 12 or 64, gonna live my life like there aint gonna be no more!

biggzed

Supermeg seems to give a great balance of power and tolerable volume.

Zach

Barrett

SuperTrapp Supermeg..your ears and passenger will thank you on the long rides, they make good power too.

Jeffd

Quote from: BB Wolf 63627 on October 09, 2011, 07:25:47 AM
Finishing my build 95" with SE forged pistons, 06 heads with 86cc big boyz porting & 0 deck height .030 MLS gaskets, andrews 26g cams,on a 05 ultra classic. What do you guys think about pipe for this build? I do a lot of 2 up long distance riding. Anyone else running this combo. If so which exhaust are you running.

I had a similar build, I had se cast flat tops and gmr's version of the bigboyz port with 83cc 0 deck .030 26g, 04 egc and supertrapp supermeg and it ran very good.  mid 90's torq on local dyno and 102 tq on latus motors dyno, started right off the bottom. 

Horizonmech

Like it or not the Thunderheader with the baffles modified is hard to beat...... :wink:
"See ya round....if ya don't turn oblong"

acbacb

Quote from: Barrett on October 09, 2011, 09:06:52 AM
SuperTrapp Supermeg..your ears and passenger will thank you on the long rides, they make good power too.
:agree:
2012 FLHX Street Glide

gabbyduffy

SUPERTRAPP SUPERMEG............ the best....   :wink:
Duffy 216-633-8541 eastern time zone.

Jaycee1964

Supermeg is it.  I got one and wouldn't go with anything else. 
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

Thumper Buttercup

We are running the same build you have except we have the 48N cams, and Larry did our
heads, we are running the SuperTrapp SuperMeg and we really like it.  Always riding two
up here.
04 Ultra, 95 Cu, 48N, Larry's Heads TTS

calgary56

horizonmech - "Thunderheader with the baffles modified" ... what's involved with modifying the baffles? ... can you purchase them already modified?
Live Long, ... Out Ride the Reaper !

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: calgary56 on October 09, 2011, 05:50:22 PM
horizonmech - "Thunderheader with the baffles modified" ... what's involved with modifying the baffles? ... can you purchase them already modified?

Quote from: Horizonmech on October 09, 2011, 10:49:41 AM
Like it or not the Thunderheader with the baffles modified is hard to beat...... :wink:

Why do I find this funny?   :hyst:

Max

sixxfoot

The bottle ain't the blame ....it just lets you ...Mike Cooley DBT

kbiforce

Dustball

I have a D&D Fat Cat with quiet baffle, nd it makes great power and is very tolerable on long rides.  My second choice with a Super Meg.  :smiled:

02 Ultra

02 Ultra Classic mild 95"

Horizonmech

Please Max, I'm interested to know this is so amusing......It's well documented.....
"See ya round....if ya don't turn oblong"

gonefishing_68

BB Wolf 63627

Thanks for all the replies. Supertrap Supermeg it is.
Weather I'm 12 or 64, gonna live my life like there aint gonna be no more!

hrdtail78

I have 2 builds out there closely to yours.  83 cc heads.  One is mine and the other is a custmers.  Both are running a TH w/ two edges bent on the baffle.  They run strong and are low 100 tq, high 90's power.  It is nice to see the 26 pull to redline with proper set up heads.

They are both loud, yes I can still hear my radio at highway speeds, but it is hard to find somebody that wants to ride on the right.  I mention sound because I don't think you will find any power difference between the TH and SM if the time is taken to set the disc count correctly.  IMO the TH sounds better.
Semper Fi

Tattoo

October 12, 2011, 09:11:14 AM #19 Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:39:43 AM by Tattoo
I have tried them all , fatcat to thunderheader and the supermeg is my personal favorite for sound and power.
"You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me"

boooby1744

I jst got a RB racing black hole for my '12 RK. Not the best choice for power,but i like the way it looks and sounds.  I 'll put it on this winter,along with headwork and a  cam.

Jeffd

Quote from: boooby1744 on October 12, 2011, 10:18:59 AM
I jst got a RB racing black hole for my '12 RK. Not the best choice for power,but i like the way it looks and sounds.  I 'll put it on this winter,along with headwork and a  cam.

I thought the RB was supposed to be best for power?

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: Horizonmech on October 10, 2011, 05:31:59 PM
Please Max, I'm interested to know this is so amusing......It's well documented.....

Yep.  Lets just say to make it hard to beat you need to beat on it.. with a hammer and a punch.. :teeth:  Max

boooby1744

Quote from: Jeffd on October 12, 2011, 12:25:35 PM
Quote from: boooby1744 on October 12, 2011, 10:18:59 AM

I thought the RB was supposed to be best for power?
Horsepower,yes,bottom end torque,there are better pipes.

DarrellV

I like the D&D FatCat pipe. i have it on my older E-Glide which is about the same motor /cams etc. as yours and I also have one on my new 103"motor.