May 01, 2024, 08:17:12 PM

News:

Which Tuner File? 2004 Bagger

Started by DavePard, January 14, 2009, 06:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePard

January 14, 2009, 06:10:50 AM Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 06:19:32 AM by DavePard
Building a 2004 RK and am confused. What Power Commanders offer USB hookup and full tuning options? I've heard mention of "EXPC111, PC111, PC111EX, and PC111R???

Is there a better way than PC? Looking for Power, fuel economy and clean emmissions too.

Also adding O sensors and some kind of V readout when I find a way that wont cost $500.
Dave

95" flat tops
Andrews 21
Stock drilled mufflers (for now) with later headers with O sensor ports
SE AC

jabarr

For your setup the Power Commander IIIUSB would be a good choice.  It offers individual cylinder tuning of both ignition and fuel as well as the ability to raise the rev limit to 6200 rpm.
The ultimate tuner is the TTS Mastertune which allows the above along with infinite control of rev limit rpm, idle speed control, cold start and start enrichment, decel fuel enleanment, temperature management system control, ------- :bf: There are a few more features in the list--My brain froze and I can't immediately recall the rest of the features.  It also allows monitoring of all engine parameters as well as trouble code retrieval and clearing.
The Power Commander is more user friendly but the TTS does it all.

DavePard

January 15, 2009, 06:10:06 AM #2 Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 06:13:27 AM by DavePard
Thank you jabarr.

Trying to learn about this. Have dealt with automotive sytems.
Information on specific application seems non-existant. I see TTS website lays out features, but I can only assume is for '07 and later model.
They mention a V-Tuner for gathering information, I suppose. Is that additional cost? Will it only work with closed loop systems (factory O2 sensors)?

I'll monitor A/F ratios first and go from there.

ToBeFrank

Quote from: DavePard on January 15, 2009, 06:10:06 AMI see TTS website lays out features, but I can only assume is for '07 and later model.

It will work with your 04, but...

QuoteThey mention a V-Tuner for gathering information, I suppose. Is that additional cost? Will it only work with closed loop systems (factory O2 sensors)?

It doesn't cost extra, but you're right, it will only work with the factory closed loop.

QuoteI'll monitor A/F ratios first and go from there.

What will you be using to monitor the AFR?

DavePard

ToBeFrank, I appreciate the answers.

Will try a 4-channel hand-held DSO, since it's already available.

Also handlebar mounted AFR meters. Hmmm, where'd I put the old vacuum guage...

Dave

DavePard

OK. So waiting for my TTS to arrive for my 2004 RK will have 95" flat top, 0.030 HG, Andrews 21, SE AC, stock pipes with drilled (yah, I know) stock mufflers.

I'm looking for a starter map... and how would one identify the maps already available?
I'm told should be a 105xx.... Would a map for a sert work?

Dave

Steve Cole

Once you get your TTS do the install then run the TTS Software updater. This will complete the install process on your PC. Make sure when you run the updater you look at the screen and the color code chart on it. Some people are not seeing that there might be programs on the update they are not getting. If the system see's you missing a program it will be on the screen but you will need to "check" it so it will update your PC. Once everything is updated there will be a calibration guide installed on your desktop and you can look up the calibrations there. There is also a description in each calibration too.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

DavePard

I appreciate the info.

Does the Datamaster feature work with the 2004 FLH, albeit lacking O2 info?
Not rtrusting my ear for knock detection.

Steve Cole

Yes, DataMaster covers 2001 - 2009 HD Delphi units.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

DavePard

January 29, 2009, 06:18:32 AM #9 Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 06:21:22 AM by DavePard
 I have found with TTS there are two files that approach my build with the 1550 flat tops and se air and slip-ons. One has a Harley 203 cam, the other is stock cam.

Does anyone have an idea which file would be the better start, with Andrews 21 cams?

Thank You
Dave

2004 Bagger
95" flat tops
Andrews 21
Stock drilled mufflers (for now) (have se's, but un-impressed) with later headers with O sensor ports
SE AC