May 09, 2024, 01:44:25 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Trouble Free ... nearly?

Started by cyclobutch, October 14, 2011, 03:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyclobutch

Not really technical, so apologies for that, just observational:

I also belong to technical forums for the later model Moto Guzzis and a certain type of BSA. The BSA forum is always chocker with matters arising. There's usually a number of issues out in MG land. Very few landing here.

Interesting to speculate, and it does of course beg a few questions. Are the folks on BSAs cutting the most miles? Are there more sites available for the other makes so it's a dilution effect? Are Moto Guzzis a good deal more unfortunate than your HD Sportster?
B
'88 XLH1200

PC_Hater

1) Sportsters only look like daft old bikes. Underneath they are modern and reliable.
2) The design hasn't changed much over the last 20 years so a quick surf on the interweb turns up the answer without having to ask.
3) The BSAs are all old and tired so there is lots to talk about!. Then there is the problem of finding quality spare parts and someone who really does know what they are talking about. I've owned 4 BSAs and liked all of them except the Bantam.
4) Not sure about Guzzis. I've always liked them but never owned one. I think it may be a quality control problem, especially on electrics! But Guzzi riders always look happy...
1942 WLA45 chop, 1999 FLTR(not I), 2000 1200S