May 03, 2024, 04:49:20 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Florida Key's

Started by Redleg, January 14, 2009, 06:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redleg

Made the Florida state line last night, I left Micigan Monday afternoon ahead of a snow storm. Got my RK in the toyhauler and heading to mile marker 25 on the Overseas Hwy, got a friend down there gonna stay a bit..... Yahoo Keep ya posted... :smiled:

Phu Cat

Red, Is the 25 mile marker the last island before ya get to Key west?  Ma and I enjoyed that area, cept for those people that live there that were confused about some things.  Cold as it is in SW Ohio now, hope it's comfy in the Keys.  Enjoy!

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

ULTRADOG

January 14, 2009, 06:50:14 AM #2 Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 06:52:19 AM by ULTRADOG
no i think 25 is more twards big pine key and why did ya bring the cold here with you??? it was 80 last week now there talking 50s with lows in the 30s i guess its time to turn off the a/c
HAVE A GOOD TIME ITS LATER THAN YOU THINK

JamLazyAss

Quote from: Redleg on January 14, 2009, 06:18:38 AM
Made the Florida state line last night, I left Micigan Monday afternoon ahead of a snow storm. Got my RK in the toyhauler and heading to mile marker 25 on the Overseas Hwy, got a friend down there gonna stay a bit..... Yahoo Keep ya posted... :smiled:

Hey Red,

Can we BORROW your friend when your done...  :smilep:

Eight degree's in Syracuse. HIGH of 2 tomorrow.

Enjoy your stay.
Keep out of the deep end of the ocean...   :sswim:

Jack 
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

Namvet

The 25 mile marker is right around Summerland Key.

1JITSU1

Phu Cat

Send pic.   :idea:           :smiled:

egstandard

I stayed at Big Pine Key a lot in the  middle 80's for a month with my other layed off construction worker buddies. Do they still have the unofficial nude beach at the far end of Bahia Honda Beach?  :smilep:

Panzer

Send alot of pic's and the nude beach if ya wanta.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

mrmotoguzzi00

i think we should send grumpy to go check it out ;)
'04 Road Glide
UPDATED - Nokomis, FL

Namvet

Phu Cat

I second the nomination for Grumpy to check it out.

PC

MikeL

Mile marker 25 is Summerland Key. I have a friend who has a vacation house on Ocean Drive. Stock Island is the last island before Key West.

MIKE

Redleg

Alright we made it got here yesterday afternoon, the 25 mile marker is Summerland Key just down from Big Pine Key. It's 25 miles fom the end. Got out just in time it was -11 degrees this morning in MI it's sunny and 65 right now kinda COOL for down here, oh well.... Gotta go for a ride talk latter.. :smiled:

JamLazyAss

Red, stop it, you're killing me...
Only 65? That's 65 warmer than it is here  :tea:

Have a great time!
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

Redleg

It's kinda cool down here only gonna be 70 degrees today we'll survive though.. Gonna take a ride down to Key West tomorrow I'l take some pictures and post them, no nude beaches though cause ya never know what you'll run across down there.. :hyst:

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Deye76

Redleg, if you've been keeping track of the weather here (Mi) then you know that you couldn't have picked a better time to vacate this frozen custard stand. :wink:
Enjoy
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

No Problem

it was -17 yesterday upper NE PA your killing me had to go out in my cold garage an sit on the bike  to keep from screamming  take an extra long ride for me i was stationed at Homesatead AFB for a year  rode to key west many times   ENJOY    did you ride over the 7 mile bridge on the bike ? what a rush

jsachs1

For the NON-KEY WESTENERS in the cold climates,
Sit on the couch,put the heat on,put the Sloppy Joe's street web cam on and enjoy the sights.  :wink:
John

randallwhitman

Welcome from Miami.  Randy
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

Redleg

Quote from: Deye76 on January 17, 2009, 11:06:05 AM
Redleg, if you've been keeping track of the weather here (Mi) then you know that you couldn't have picked a better time to vacate this frozen custard stand. :wink:
Enjoy

I was going to leave last Tuesday morning but when they were forcasting snow I left Monday afternoon to try and beat the storm, ran into a lttle  snow in Kentucky but other than that I got out of Dodge just in time.. :wink:

Redleg

Quote from: Deye76 on January 17, 2009, 11:06:05 AM
Enjoy

I forgot to ask... How much Snow do you have in Michigan??????

Maj

While you are down there check out the endangered Key Deer on Big Pine Key. The deer are tiny and fairly approachable. You might as well hit the No Name Pub too (http://www.nonamepub.com/index.html). For other Keys tips, check out this link on my website:

http://www.themaj.com/rides/keys/index.htm.