May 03, 2024, 10:37:10 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

7th Annual Outer Banks Bike Week

Started by Bigs, January 14, 2009, 10:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigs

The Outer Banks Bike week will be from April 23-26, 2009. Went there last year and enjoyed it since it was a more laid back event and not overly crowded. They have the Wright Bros. Museum there, north a little ways the Grave Digger monster truck place, the Hatteras Light, venders, nightly entertainment, the sand dunes, and you can also take the ferry from Hatteras to Ocracoke. They also have things going on at the Harley dealers, they are all owned by the same person. Forgot that we also got free food at one of the dealers. And yes we're going this year.
   Bigs

Fxstchewy

I might ride out to it this year, I like the Outer Banks anyway and a rally out there would be nice. Chewy
"I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can have the change."

Ironpig9

:up:
Chewy,
Not sure where you're riding from to the Outer Banks Rally. But while you're down there, if you're looking for a bit more riding than the islands offer, head west on NC 64 and go over the bridge to the mainland at Mann's Harbor. Soon as you hit the mainland look for NC 264 / Stumpy Point and Englehardt to the left. This is 2-lane  road that goes around the coast and thru the pocosin. It's beautiful. You can follow this all the way to Swann Quarter and then get off of it on NC 94 (to your right) and drive across Lake Mattamuskeet. Eventually you'll hit 64 again, turn right and it'll take you back to the Outer Banks. This is over 100 miles of nice riding. At Lake Mattamuskeet keep in eye out for the pumping station (down a dirt road on the right just before the lake), it's worth a short 5 min. side trip. Hope you get to check this out. And if you do, I hope you enjoy it.

Ironpig9
"The road goes on forever...."

blown alcohol

I have been wanting to ride to the outer banks. Where did you stay last year?
2013 CVO Ultra

peanutcityjohn

I Wish they would make it a complete week , I been going for about 5 years  and it's been " GOOD "  About 100 miles from the farm , great spring getaway.  Sea food , Beach , Ladies, Bar's, :beer: Good Riding, what more can you ask for ?  But more. :beer: ,time, money, ladies, AHH the the Ladies.

Big John!!!
All things come to he who waits , if he works like hell while he waits.