May 03, 2024, 10:06:50 AM

News:

Computer guys

Started by Phu Cat, January 14, 2009, 02:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phu Cat

Ma did her resume on our computer in Microsoft Works.  Many of the businesses she tries to send it to want it in Microsoft Word.  What should she do?  Would it work to Email it to a friend that has word, have them copy it into a word document then send it back?

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

truck

My wife is having the same problem. I hope you get a good answer that will help me also.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

HV

HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Coyote

Both of those require you have Word I think. If you want, email me the Works doc and I will open it in Word and save it as a .doc file.

HIPPO

HIPPO

Someone on another board (he is an IT guy) also mentioned something as far as .doc attaching an x ie going to .docx going from XP to Vista, so if it has the x the file name may have to be changed.

Keith? Have you heard of this?

Phu Cat

Coyote, Thank you for the offer, YOU HAVE MAIL.  Our email address is below her name and address at the top.  The area I copied and pasted the resume into was kinda small, so her name and address were shifted off center, but we'll correct all that when you send it back.  Thank you again for the help.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

Coyote

Quote from: HIPPO on January 14, 2009, 03:36:03 PM
Someone on another board (he is an IT guy) also mentioned something as far as .doc attaching an x ie going to .docx going from XP to Vista, so if it has the x the file name may have to be changed.

Keith? Have you heard of this?

Word 2007 documents are now saved as a .DOCX file. It is not backwards compatible with previous versions of Word. However, if your using Word 2007, you can save it in the old .DOC format and send it to someone that has the older version.

This change has to do with what version of Word you have, not the OS.

HIPPO

FSG

Or use the Microsoft Compatibility Pack found HERE which is what I've done, using 2007 at work and 2002/3 at home.

14Frisco

In Microsoft Works, use "Save As..." on the File menu.  Save either as Microsoft Word document, or as "rtf".