May 09, 2024, 03:15:08 AM

News:

Harmon Kardon radio question

Started by stro1965, January 14, 2009, 03:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stro1965

Any idea why, when I power up my bike, I get about 1/2 second of "noise" through the speakers? 

I had the bike torn down to repaint the inner fairing, obviously the radio was removed at the time.  It's all back together again and everything works, except now I have this short buzz when I power it up.  Could it have anything to do with the battery being low (it's on a tender but it cranked pretty slow today, it's cold here!).  Also, the antenna is off right now. 

Coyote

Quote from: stro1965 on January 14, 2009, 03:24:57 PM
Any idea why, when I power up my bike, I get about 1/2 second of "noise" through the speakers? 

I had the bike torn down to repaint the inner fairing, obviously the radio was removed at the time.  It's all back together again and everything works, except now I have this short buzz when I power it up.  Could it have anything to do with the battery being low (it's on a tender but it cranked pretty slow today, it's cold here!).  Also, the antenna is off right now. 

If you have one, it's most likely the CB is on and the Squelch set too low causing it to open for a second or two. If not, then it's hard to tell but the HK radio can do some strange things. Low voltage might cause it.

stro1965

I have a CB, but I've never used it.  Honestly, I don't even remember how to turn it on.

Coyote

Just press the CB button and it will tell you if it's on or not. Top button, left side of the display IIRC

stro1965

Panzer

Are you married?
Could be her squawking for a second or two then the selective hearing kicks in. :dgust:
Just a thought.  :smilep:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

HroadhogD1