Need mechanic Gainsville, FL or Charleston, SC

Started by Cooner, January 14, 2009, 05:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooner

I am looking at a 99 Evo FatBoy, one is in Charleston, SC and the other is in Newberry, FL, outside/near Gainesville.  Anybody in that area willing to go take a peek for me and if necessary help me find somebody to do some diagnostic tests or at the very least, give me an opinion on what I might be buying? 

I am in New Orleans and do not want to buy it unseen, fly there and have it not be the bike for me.

I have a twin cam back home in Olympia, WA but left for work here so fast I was unable to ride it down.  I have always wanted a late model Evo FatBoy so here is my chance.

Any help will be appreciated and if I need to pay for the service I will.

TIA, Mark in the Big Easy :idea: :up:

Buddy WMC

Gainesville HD has an excellent reputation for customer relations and service work. I have a friend who lives in Gainesville and has purchased four bikes from them over the years. He has always been very pleased with the warranty and service work done there. The only other person he will allow to work on his bike is myself at the shop I work at in SW Florida when he comes to visit.

brick1

i live in titusville, with one of the country's best indy's. wish it were closer, he would take a look for you, no charge.......but that's almost three hours....

bill

Cooner

Thanks guys, did your friend mention anybody by name at Gainsville HD?  If that is the bike that becomes the best deal I might contact the dealer, or him directly, and have it checked there.  More will be revealed.  Mark :idea:

Buddy WMC

Cooner,

Doug never mentioned anyone by name, but he is very fussy. If he is satisfied with the service work I wouldn't have any reservations about going there. I'd call ahead though as most dealers will not work on an EVO. I bought a new front motor mount here at Ft. Myers HD that was bad. They would not warranty the part as it was not installed by them.

My reply was how could I do that? You do not work on EVO's. The parts manager finally sold me a replacement at 30% off.