May 09, 2024, 12:48:07 AM

News:

socks!

Started by calbyker69, January 14, 2009, 09:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calbyker69

Ok I really meant     shocks!
07 Streetglide, stock shocks were awfull. I'm 190lbs gf is 140lbs. Had a pair of 12in Progressive 440's laying around so I put them on, bottom out when riding double- to stiff on softest setting when solo.
SO I was thinking about getting some 12.5in 440's to find some middle ground. Anyone tried this?

Big Dan

I have 12.5" 440's on my Ultra.  Add your weight to your gf's weight and you get my weight all by myself. I won't mention the wife's weight due to strong self-preservation instincts, but she's very tall and of medium build. She lands between your weight and the weight of your gf. I love the 440's. They ride good with me solo (on about the middle setting), and no bottoming out even when 2-up and loaded heavy for a week or 2 on the road (set at the top or one click below the top). As always, your mileage may vary, but I'm very happy with these shocks.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

Dresser

Damn! I need some new socks. I was hopin' for reccomendations. :teeth:

calbyker69

Thanks Big Dan. You didn't mention whether you have the "standard" or the "heavy duty".

Big Dan

Never follow the Hippo into the water.

fuzznut5197

I'm curious about the new Air Draggers. A little pricey though.

boooby1744

Ironpig9

Hi. My 2002 RK came with some 212 (?) Progressives when I bought it and these shocks were not up to the task (they were also 11.5 which lowered the bike 1.5 inches - too much). I know there are many folks who don't like the stock Showa shocks. However, I went with stock RK Classic air adjustable Showas. Here's why: they lowered the bike .75 inches and are adjustable up to 50 psi (stock Ultra Showas are only adjustable up to 25 psi). This shock kept my feet on the ground and gave me a wide range of adjustment from solo to 2-up and loaded. I've also got an Ultra and I'm thinking about putting them on it. Good luck.
"The road goes on forever...."