May 03, 2024, 01:33:48 PM

News:

Myrtle Beach Rally....The Rest of the Story

Started by Bakon, January 15, 2009, 01:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bakon

wasting time

Bakon

Been there for years and they are not chasing me away.
wasting time

MiracleMax

Been there several times. Only once with my bike during bike week. Won't be going back. If my money's not welcome when I'm riding... then it's not welcome anytime, as far as I'm concerned.

Faast Ed

The economy ought to make it a small party, then add the scary press,....  no wonder the promotors are pushing the "outside city limits" crap. 

It don't effect me none,.... I'm in this hobby for the riding, not for the vendor feeding parties.
≡Faast Ed>

June2017

Sure,.....outside the limits are still on, but the COPS in the City Limits will do nothing but harass us bikers so screw them.  I WILL NOT BE VISITING !  They will harass bikes for everything because we are nothing but REVENUE $$$$$$$$$$$$ to them.

Sonny S.

exactly, so let the local businesses have it out with the town because of the loss of revenue.

They ain't getting my money. Not during bike week or otherwise    :down:
To many nicer places to go that will welcome me

iconicbikesrider

Why would you consider attending a party where you are not welcome to spend your hard earned $$??
Riding Iconic motorcycles Made In USA.

Dennis The Menace

...I see the city of Myrtle Beach passed an ordinance making it a crime to "dine and dash" from a restaurant.  Now thats funny.  lol  Good to see they caught up with the rest of the world. 

"It is a crime not to pay the restaurant or not to leave your name and address if you dispute the bill, service or food."

menace

June2017

Notice how they strategically put the picture of the BLACK Family on their front page website so they dont come across what they really are,......RASCIST ! 

I know in my gut that not only was this talked about, but they said put a black family picture up so it makes us look good. 

http://www.myrtlebeachbikerinfo.com/

Ironpig9

:smiled:
I'm  going to the Myrtle Beach Rally but I'll stay in N. Myrtle where there is less traffic, friendly folks and a quick way to "escape" into the countryside for some very nice riding. I believe that most of the folks in Horry County have no problems with the rally. They know it's good for the economy and that bikers are regular folks.

So I encourage all of you who usually attend to find alternative lodging (N. Myrtle, Murrells Inlet, even places in N.C.) and come on down. I always enjoy the ride down from NC where I live. We always stop in Nichols (about 60 miles from the beach) and have a beer or two at Mom & Pops Bar (on Rt. 9 in Nichols) and then ride on in. If you haven't ever ridden down on Rt. 9 check it out. It dumps you right into N. Myrtle and it's a very nice rural road.

Let's don't let a bunch of uptight a-holes ruin our gathering. We still have lots of people to meet and friends to make (and lots of bikes to inspect etc.). I hope to see ya at the 2009 N. Myrtle Beach Rally.
"The road goes on forever...."

Phu Cat

This is still a free country, they can't stop us from coming into the city if we behave ourselves.  Wonder if this thing got started cuz too many that weren't 1%ers tried to act like they were.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

Dennis The Menace

Quote from: Phu Cat on January 16, 2009, 06:17:30 AM
This is still a free country, they can't stop us from coming into the city if we behave ourselves.  Wonder if this thing got started cuz too many that weren't 1%ers tried to act like they were.

PC

PC, we are on the same wavelength.  Seen it too many times where some show up at a event/rally and act like there are no rules and do things that they wouldnt do at home or in their own neighborhood.

But, I guess I should just shutup...wife says I have been aweful negative lately.  g-damn snow and ice  !@#$%#@!@#$%

menace

1JITSU1

Roadglide They put the black family because thats oboma's brother   :hyst:

taz95dog

i wonder if they will cancel "black bike week "too?...taz... :potstir:
home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72

Princess Butt

When we used to go to Myrtle Beach, when I was in college, we always went to North Myrtle. Much quieter, more laid back, not as commercial.

We used to take off in the car and drive north up the coast, it was a really nice area.

Of course, that was a long time ago. Hope it's still that way.

BnEUC
Shiny side up, rubber side down.

hi$toy

went down to Myrtle in October, only about 100 mile ride from Seastern N.C. what a joke, police everywhere, DB meters out, no vendors if you wanted to look.New law states DOT approved helmets in city limits and are very explicit about the helmet, worse than North Carolinas, Black Bike week gave this place a poor taste of Motorcylist in general --Now all those who went and behaved themselves are going to suffer, we still ride to upper North Myrtle Beach but that is it, too much hassle.

Skullfork

January 16, 2009, 12:56:04 PM #16 Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 01:40:07 PM by Evil-Eagle
Here's Cyril Huze's blog page pertaining to the rally with a lot of interesting responses ...

http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2009/01/12/effective-2009-myrtle-beach-will-no-longer-host-motorcycle-rallies/

truck

I just got this in an email and don't know how valid it is.

Hi all,  I am sending this email out to everyone in my address book. I
realize that only some of you are bikers. I am hoping that you know
someone that is or maybe someone in your address book may know someone who
is. PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK PLEASE.  Myrtle
Beach has launched a new website to deter people from coming to the grand
strand during bike rally in May. The website is
www.myrtlebeachbikerinfo.com DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ ON THIS
SITE. MOST OF THE INFO IS FALSE. THERE WILLBE A SPRING RALLY IN MAY 2009
HERE ON THE GRAND STRAND. There will be no activities sponsored by Myrtle
Beach in the city limits. The city limits never had a lot of sponsored
activities going on. The majority of bike week events take place out side
the city. There will be plenty of activities going on within Horry County
as normal. Nothing has changed. THE SPRING RALLY WILL BE MAY 8TH - 17TH
2009. If you want current and up to date and correct info on the rally,
please check out one of the following sites. www.myrtlebeachharley.com
www.mbbikeweeks.com   www.ibiker.org

These sites will provide you with truthful information about the rally.
You will also find thrthful information about the new Myrtle Beach city
ordinances that only come in to effect within the city limits of Myrtle
Beach. Don't worry, there are plenty of ways around the city limits to get
to were you need to go. You should also be able to find hotel and condo
rental info on these sites that are out side of the city.
www.cherylchristopher.com is a site for surfside reality. AGAIN, PLEASE
SEND THIS OUT TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK. This email needs to get
out all over this country, Canada, and thw world. you would be surprised,
but I have met people from many different countries here on the grand
strand during bike week. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND PLEASE RIDE SAFE.

Live long and prosper and remember to always speak your mind. Gary Balcom
Assistant Coordinator Horry County ABATE

Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

harley2k2

so some of you still want us to come on over to myrtle beach for bike week?? you have got to be kidding!! no way those fools are going to get my money, theres a lot of other places to go that time of the year that will not harrass us. plus a was there 2 years ago and ts not much more than a run down seaside hole in the wall with nothing but campgrounds and nasty pancake houses, not sure why one town would need a pancake house ever 1/2 mile but they sure have there. we have been going to panama citys thunder beach no hassles and pretty fun rally its turned into the last few years. with the economy the way it is and they do this, i hope they just see how much they need our money, not much in myrtle beach to do, even the hard rock park is in bad shape as they may have to close. agian screw em i will go elsewhere.

Bakon

Quote from: harley2k2 on January 17, 2009, 03:54:16 PM
so some of you still want us to come on over to myrtle beach for bike week?? you have got to be kidding!!

I would like it if half the crowd didn't come. We have left early just because it gets too crowded.
wasting time