May 02, 2024, 11:18:16 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

winter blues

Started by Little Al, January 15, 2009, 02:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Al

Come on guys, it's 14 degrees out and snowing here in New York City.

Somebody, somewhere MUST be riding or working on a Pan. Please share SOMETHING.

it's so depressing. I check in here over and over during the course of the day hoping to find some new post only to be depressed all over again when there's nothing.

Can't ya help a guy out?

Little Al

CraigArizona85248

77F for the ride home from work today.  One of those "perfect" days.  Too bad most of it was spent sitting in my office.

-Craig

04customking

Sorry Craig but you suck. 0 degrees here tonight. Maybe I should say THAT sucks, not you.
Jim  '54 FL Pan. '04 RK Custom

Little Al

Wow, I'm so glad somebody is riding. 77 degrees, sounds great.

I'm gonna sit on the chair I made out of an old FXR seat, pour myself a Jack, and imagine I'm you...

Thanks, I needed that!
Little Al

panjs

It's 40 F. here in Vancouver.
Put the battery charger back on just in case she wants some exercise.

Snuff™

-12 deg @ 5AM (10mph wind = -31 deg below zero) here in Ohio.  Just went out to the garage to throw some more wood in the stove to keep my babies warm.

-Snuff
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

ricochet

Minus 17 at 7:00 AM this morning in Southern NH but it's a nice dry cold.  Isn't that what they say about your Arizona heat Craig?  This is when you appreciate cars that start and have heat.  Well, I'm always working on my project even if it's just ordering parts and laying out my next course of action.  Now I'm waiting on my starter and a front end.  Heads are still being ported/massaged some to get the CFM right so I'm told and most of the rest of the stuff is in house.  My efforts now are on getting the cam chest set up.  Got all S & S stuff for that and their oil pump as well.  Now I need to install cam and pinion bushings and get them both line reamed.  I came this close to ordering the tools when I found they were all on backorder (Jireh).  I guess I'll just take them somewhere locally. Over the weekend hope to measure-up to determine pinion bearing size and get those ordered.

ricochet

CraigArizona85248

Ok... just so you know someplace people are riding...  The 10-day forcast for the Phoenix area:

Deye76

Quote from: CraigArizona85248 on January 16, 2009, 05:52:28 AM
Ok... just so you know someplace people are riding...  The 10-day forcast for the Phoenix area:

That forecast is now my new screensaver :teeth:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

ricochet

Oh, I'm riding, but it's on a sled and it just loves the crisp air.  And the smell of two stroke gets me by.

ricochet

CraigArizona85248

Ricochet,

That's what I'd be doing too.  If I lived where there was snow, I'd have a sled to keep me going in the winter.

-Craig

ohio-rider

January 16, 2009, 08:15:05 AM #11 Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 08:29:33 AM by ohio-rider
Here what I use to keep my face in the wind during the winter months. 125cc with top speed around of 37mph, which feels plenty fast while shooting across a corn field. Its not worth a crap on the street though. You need a couple inches of snow for the front runner to bite into for any good control. :smile: In deep snow, once you get a bit of speed going it lifts you right up on top of it.

Little Al

keep 'em coming guys, I can almost smell the spring thaw in the air!
Little Al

JamLazyAss

Quote from: Little Al on January 16, 2009, 08:49:28 AM
keep 'em coming guys, I can almost smell the spring thaw in the air!

Liar (lol), It's 4 degree's here   :cry:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

Erichill

Ohio rider, Nice-looking flathead you got there.  Do you take it to Mid-Ohio?  That is a never miss event for me. I love the swap meet and parade of bikes of every kind going on all day.
Eric

barhopper

Friday morning thermometer said 7 degrees here in Jasper, Georgia. Skies are clear and I'm still riding 45 mins. back and forth to work. My wife says :wtf: she thinks I have first signs of frostbite on my chin: beard was frozen, now chin is red,swollen,and burning.

panz4ever

been 65-70 here in the Bay Area, Kali, all week. Should last at least to the middle of next week... perfect pan weather. Was reading that the expected HIGH in Atlanta area was +7 degrees. Man, I tip my hat to all you who live east of the Continental Divide.

sprucecreek

January 18, 2009, 10:21:37 AM #17 Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 12:01:06 PM by sprucecreek
Well, it was -16 yesterday morning here in central pa, so not much riding in my future.  Lots of winter tinkering to do on the bike, though.  Got the tanks off to tighten up the t-bar, did some touch-up on the tanks, put new springs in the seat post, and waiting for my rebuilt speedo to make it back....

(Ditto on the flathead, Ohio rider!)

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
1956 FLH

ohio-rider

Eric... Nope I've never ridden that one to Mid-Ohio. That ride is always done with the panhead. :wink: