Hello from Pittsburgh PA Area

Started by Buttman1000, November 14, 2011, 11:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttman1000

Just registered and would like to say Hi!!!

Own  03 SuperGlide and a 04 RoadGlide.

Right now digging into technicalities of utilizing my SERT to fine tune the 04. Have the carbed FXD dialed in, but not happy with map in the RG. Installed a map closer to mods done to that engine and already very happy with gain in power.

Can't help it, I am always seeking improvements!!!

02roadcling

Welcome to the group! Glad to see you like perfomance.
About your name...... well you should fit right in on Thursday nights in The Shed.  :hyst:

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

Panzer

:agree: 100% with Cling.
Gee, this is gonna be fun. :smilep:
Welcome Butt.  :nix:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

exfed12825

Welcome to the site from 20 miles south of Erie or I'm mup-ear 100 miles north of Pittsburg.

Seriously Butt I've been trying to warn the Young-uns around here about not leading with your chin, Butt I can see it is already too late for you. enjoy your stay :hyst:
Motorcycle...Motorcycle...Motorcycle...
                  Crap still here

Buttman1000

Never one to back down from a good ribbing!!!

Took months to come up with that innovative handle!!!

I am about 15 miles south of Pittsburgh actually. My local shop is Steel City Harley, great bunch.

Appointment on Thursday for a dyno pull to get actual numbers on  we map install.  She should be pumping over 90 HP judging by seat of pants impression.

mayor

welcome Butt, from about 100 miles to your east.   :up:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

exfed12825

Quote from: Buttman1000 on November 14, 2011, 05:24:16 PM
Never one to back down from a good ribbing!!!

Took months to come up with that innovative handle!!!

I am about 15 miles south of Pittsburgh actually. My local shop is Steel City Harley, great bunch.

Appointment on Thursday for a dyno pull to get actual numbers on  we map install.  She should be pumping over 90 HP judging by seat of pants impression.

Rode into Steel City once on Million Mile Monday, nice place, good people.
Motorcycle...Motorcycle...Motorcycle...
                  Crap still here

akjeff

Welcome! Given your description, I''m guessing that I grew up not far from you. Always get homesick this time of year(opening of deer season. The monday after Thanksgiving is like a religious holiday there!).

Jeff
'09 FLTR/120R/'91 XL1250 street tracker project/'07 DR-Z400S

Buttman1000

Howdy Jeff!

You are correct in that Deer Season starts the Monday after Thanksgiving Weekend.  Both of my sons have hunted with me and we have each taken a deer on the same day.  We all treasure the time.  Most memorable are the deer harvested with my S&W 629 44 Magnum!!!

Heading to Steel City this Thursday to get a dyno pull to check real world diffeerence in new map i installed in RG.  Will see what AFR now looks like also. Will post old and new Dyno charts.

mayor

Quote from: Buttman1000 on November 15, 2011, 01:46:57 PM
Heading to Steel City this Thursday to get a dyno pull to check real world diffeerence in new map i installed in RG.  Will see what AFR now looks like also. Will post old and new Dyno charts.
be sure to ask for the results to be SAE corrected.  We have a SAE correction requirement in our dyno area. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

akjeff

Quote from: Buttman1000 on November 15, 2011, 01:46:57 PM
Howdy Jeff!

You are correct in that Deer Season starts the Monday after Thanksgiving Weekend.  Both of my sons have hunted with me and we have each taken a deer on the same day.  We all treasure the time.  Most memorable are the deer harvested with my S&W 629 44 Magnum!!!

Good luck, and hope you folks have a safe and successful season! Steel City is a great shop. Always make a stop there, when I visit family.

Jeff
'09 FLTR/120R/'91 XL1250 street tracker project/'07 DR-Z400S

ironbutt

Welcome Buttman. I'm originally from the Butler area, 2 miles north of the Allegheny county line off Rt8.
"Old enough to know better, to young to resist".