Kendon Bike Lift, Anyone using one that would comment?

Started by Mike52, January 16, 2009, 10:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike52

I've had the traditional style table lift in the garage for 4-5 years, but would like to free up a little space since it takes up ½ of a 2 car garage with the side extensions on. I had a Kendon fold up bike trailer 6 years ago and I know it was well built. I've seen a couple of the bike lifts in a few shops (usually for display purposes) and they also look to be very well built. My biggest concern is, how stable are they once raised with a heavy bike such as a bagger on it? Anyone have one of these lifts that would share their experiences? TIA

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

stro1965

I've looked at these lifts more than once for the same reasons as you.  Having seen bikes up on them I have not been comfortable enough to buy one.  I think that, if I did, I would want to somehow anchor the base to my concrete floor.  They just seem very narrow to me, and lightweight.  

fattmann101

I have one. It is OK. Best thing, when done it folds right up against the wall. My only worry about being unstable, is
when sitting on end against the wall. loop a chain around it, just in case. Down side, no table ledge to lay tools/parts on.
I have had bike to highest lift (strapped down of course), did not wiggle much.

Mike52

Fattmann, thanks for your comments, this is what I was looking for, someone that actually uses one. What bike/bikes have you had on this lift?

I'm not looking for comments on other lifts, I also have an 'under frame' lift that didn't get used much after I got the lift table. I managed to do any and all work required on the lift table, including R&R tires. (there were a couple of unrelated replies which I removed)

Mike

Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

Clintster

Mike,           Take a look at the Eazy Rizer, I have this lift and it works great.  Doesn't take up a lot of space.
Drive fast, take chances

skunk

Hey Mike,
     while I do not have one myself, a buddy of mine bought one last year and likes it very much. I have helped him while changing a rear tire on his Ultra and also while putting a oil cooler on  his  brother in laws ultra. both times the lift seamed very stable, looks to be a quality made unit.( I think that the legs at the base are about as wide as the table lifts?). If I had the extra funds I would buy one also, I like not tying up the floor space when its not in use. hope this helps

codyshop

We have used one as our spare (fifth) lift for almost seven years.  The base is the same width as our Handys.  In my opinion, one of the best manual quick-store lifts made.  Ray

Mike52

Thanks Skunk, I appreciate your comments, you might not own one, but at least you've used one.

Ray, being a shop owner, I really appreciate your input, I feel a little more comfortable now, thanks!!

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net