May 03, 2024, 04:18:08 PM

News:

New President

Started by hotham, January 16, 2009, 11:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotham

I hope people don't expect immediate changes, when Obama takes office.  I am afraid many people are expecting him to "walk" on water.  Congress has the money and they have never been quick to react to anything.  I admit I like some of Obama's ideas, but I hope he is given time to get things done.  My .02c

apes

He is still reading Cliff Notes and Abe Lincoln's book on How to be an President with no experience

FatJohn

If I remember correct he ran on making changes.
Getting things done quick would be a good change to start with.
Just my thought.
John

blk-betty

Look closely and what he promised a "change" during the debates and what he is backing away from now because of the economy.  The dire straits of the economy were know during the last 2 debates and he didn't like McCain across the board "axe" cutting proposal he preferred a "scapel" to cut certain programs.

Now his spending plan is even more than when he campaigned, he is backing away from the tax cuts he promised.  What will change is the face and voice.  I did not vote for him but really hoping he proves me wrong in my skepticism but it's hard to think we will get more of the same.  His nomination for sec. of Treasury failed to pay over $34,000 in taxes but Oboma says it was an honest mistake.  Looks like more of the same corruption to me - but I am hopeful.
Mark  '12 Road Glide Custom
Coastal SC

Sonny S.

They all lie and we know that going in.
Time will tell.
He can't screw things up any more than Bush did.

apendejo

I wish all the luck to the new POTUS. It is a job not to be envied. I compare it to being president of the board of directors of a homeowners association. Except having responsibility of appeasing a few hundred, he has the weight of the whole world on his shoulders. It will be interesting to see how much he ages in the next 4 years.
AP

Fxstchewy

Quote from: hotham on January 16, 2009, 11:27:43 AM
I hope people don't expect immediate changes, when Obama takes office.  I am afraid many people are expecting him to "walk" on water.  Congress has the money and they have never been quick to react to anything.  I admit I like some of Obama's ideas, but I hope he is given time to get things done.  My .02c

Looks like the old Klinton bunch to me, if that is the change he was talking about............I just hope they don't destroy what's left of the Constitution.
"I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can have the change."

FatJohn

January 16, 2009, 12:19:50 PM #7 Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 12:48:50 PM by FatJohn
IMO he can screw things up alot more then Bush.
I hope I'm wrong.
He has no history to look at. So it's hard to guess.
But one thing for sure filling his seat for his great state was fun to watch.
John

Panzer

January 16, 2009, 12:28:14 PM #8 Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 12:53:48 PM by Panzer
I voted to have the HTT administrators to take over the presidential seat.
Just look at the change they made from the old to the new HTT.
Talk about "CHANGE" and HTT said nothing about raising my taxes either.   ;D
                   Is it to late?   He's not prez yet.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Jeffd

He is a flake through and though.  If you look at his pick for Treas. Sec. freaking lied about deductions and failed to claim income that he was told on more than one occasion he needed to pay.  If it looks stinky probably stinks.  He is smart tho get over 1/2 the people on assistance and your party will be forever more. Hold on to your pocket books working man your taxes are going up.

Jeffd

Quote from: Sonny S. on January 16, 2009, 11:57:54 AM
Time will tell.

wanna bet?

Panzer

If it looks stinky probably stinks.
                 :hyst: :hyst:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

mayor

I think all politicians are corrupt. 

signed,
mayor
:teeth:

p.s. I hope some day to be a fine example for others to follow, of being corrupt that is. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

mayor

Quote from: Sonny S. on January 16, 2009, 11:57:54 AM
Time will tell.

without treading into politics, most of the trouble we are in economically is the result of the government interferring with free market principals.  Not that Bush doesn't carry some blame, but decisions made in congress over the years are the root cause. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

BKACHE

I hope the gov does not go back to the policys of printing money and high spending.
I am old enough to remember 18% mortgage rates from the late 70's.
Yes - the gov can screw it up worse than Bush!
We are all in this together now.

Dan

CraigArizona85248

This is HTT, not political talk.

Coyote

Anyone seen a Road Runner around here?  :smile: