April 27, 2024, 12:04:40 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

06 XB12X

Started by Lew, November 25, 2011, 11:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew

12 thousand miles with no mods other than a Jardine muffler.  I recently replaced leaky seals in the frontend so got a good chance to look it over.  I think I'd like to have it in my stable.  Owner has no interest in it anymore and wants it out of his garage.  What's a fair offer?

Lew
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

panhead_dan

I've seen them go for 4500 or so.  This one has pretty low miles but on the other hand sitting around for long periods aint good for any bike. Lot's of '06X's for sale. Best year they made them, in my opinion but don't tell him that. In fact, tell him about all the upgrades the later years recieved like steering radius, oil pump, beefier crank, fuel injection upgrades etc.
Good luck. I love my '06 and ride it nearly every day.

sfarson

Dan has some good thoughts.  The Uly is quite the bike.  It impresses most from the saddle.  Pull the trigger if you can.

Lew

Thanks for the input guys, there's a good chance I can get it for close to 3k or some trading.  It's in great shape been kept covered in a heated garage.  Comes with the stock and short reach seats..only problem I have with it is the color.
                      It's the same color as this guy!   :crook:
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

panhead_dan

You should be able to trade the yellow plastics for a more worthy black set, given a little time and effort. (or one of the other colors). If I was you and pulled the trigger on the deal, I would start shopping for some hard bags for it. They just add more to an already very versatile machine.

$3000! really? I have seen them for about $4.5k as I stated above but I've also seen them for $6000
Good luck!

88b

Colour is not a problem, lots of plastics on e bay.
here's my "Blue" XT

sfarson

Hey, What's wrong with blue!

88b

That's nice blue, not stock dark boring blue

clawdog60

I have an 08 anniversary xb12x with 9k miles asking 5800 for it

clawdog60

barricade orange, buell tank bag buell back pack

garyajaz

clawdog60

was fun to ride, a little top heavy, fast for a dirt bike. I think 4500 is a little bit pricey for a 06

garyajaz

i paid 3500 for a 03 XB9 with 15k miles.
it had a small scratch on one side of sub frame from going down.
scared the previous owner.
i thought it a good deal. i bought it in 2010.
love it.    hell, we sell ol resto dirt bikes for more...
45 with extras.  why not

ah, dirt bike, claw dog?

clawdog60

Sorry! generic term for anything sportster based around here. Duzn't it look more like a dirt bike than a street fighter?

hdxbones

December 14, 2012, 02:43:51 PM #14 Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:50:42 PM by hdxbones
Shhh, don't anybody tell mine it's not a dirt bike-  :bike:

clawdog60

could use some 17" dual-sport knobbies though. I thought that was my old bike for a second.