April 27, 2024, 11:27:15 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

103 heads from a 2011 road glide Vs 96 heads

Started by DirtNap, December 11, 2011, 04:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap

Is there a big difference between 103 heads and 96 heads,Im in the market for some 96 heads for my 95 build and came across some 103 heads, i might bid on if they will work on my 95 twincam ,I did a Google search, but all i can find is info on the S.E. 103 heads and nothing on using stock 103's heads on a 95 .Whats are the cc's and will this be a bad idea?

Don D

Is there a big difference between 103 heads and 96 heads

Functionally the same but the 103 heads have ACRs

baker

DirtNap

Don D

DirtNap

Thanks Dewey ,Next question, How do i go about using the ACR on my 2006  ecm ,I checked into the harness and seen they plug into the ecm harness ,but im not sure if it is as simple as a plug in ,or do i have to install a switch or something?

Don D

Using a TTS, SEST, or the dealer Digital Tech they are toggled on

Don D

DirtNap

I'm in the process of buying them .I'm just trying to get a plan togeather .I use the TTS so Im guessing  a setting  needs to be turn on or is it a part of the basic program ?

wurk_truk

Oh No!

glens

Quote from: DirtNap on December 11, 2011, 07:01:37 PM
I'm in the process of buying them .I'm just trying to get a plan togeather .I use the TTS so Im guessing  a setting  needs to be turn on or is it a part of the basic program ?

Yeah, it's a choice you can make when burning the calibration to the ECM.

Do you already have the necessary wiring in place?

DirtNap

No not yet .I found the harness online for $45.00 .I plan on sending off the heads to have them shaved and street port done.While that is being done I will install the wiring .

DirtNap

Just wanted to update the thread ,I won the heads . So,now the fun begins.

Don D

You out bid me!
:banghead:
I already have several sets of those no biggee

DirtNap

You ran my bid up  :potstir: I got some 88's for sale !

Don D

We can do some horse trading if you are interested, PM me

prodrag1320

i got out bid on a couple sets the past few days!! now i know by who!!