May 03, 2024, 05:55:30 PM

News:

Garmin NUVI 750 GPS

Started by McIII, January 17, 2009, 07:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McIII

OK, Here's the deal. I received a Garmin NUVI 750 for Christmas. It works great in the truck and Jeep, but I was wanting to put it on my 2006 Ultra as we do a lot, and I mean a lot of touring. Anyway, I called the Mount Guys, and got their waterproof box that RAM makes. I installed it on the bike this morning. Really bigger box than I wanted, but didn't want it to get wet. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has used a car GPS on their scooter? I know GARMIN makes a motorcycle gps, but I don't want to invest a lot more money. My question is, will the vibration kill this unit, or will it stand up to it? The bars shake a lot with my 95" setup. It lines out pretty much all the way when up to speed. Idle is where I,m worried about. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

4DWUDS

I have had a few different GPS's on my 04 Ultra and have never had a problem with shaking it to death, However, DON'T get it wet unless it's made for it. A baggie(the shower cap type) over it in the rain is about all you need to keep it safe.
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.

June2017

I have the NUVI 350 and it does great on the bike.  Even road in the rain with it with no problems.  I dont recommend this, but of course if it's raining real real hard you could throw it in your pocket. 

darrelbarrows

i have the nuvi 200w on mine and it works just fine. I to just put a bag around it in the wet and bought a sun shade for it on ebay for like $5.

low_rider1979

Who makes M/C mounts for these models, and do you run them thru the stereo?
thanks
HTT member since 2002

McIII

As far as who makes the mounts, try MountGuys.com :up:. They had what I wanted. As far as the stero, I don't know. I'm hard of hearing so I turn the sound off anyway.

marc

apes

Some of the Garmins broadcase in FM so I believe they will come through the speakers on the radio

xxxflhrci

A Garmin Nuvi 750 has a radio transmitter.

I have a 750.  I use it on my Road King's windshield with the regular auto glass mount.  I have a length of parachute cord attaching it to my windshield bag in case the mount lets go, which it never has.