May 02, 2024, 03:53:53 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

S&S Super E on XLCH with Magneto

Started by Pynzo, January 18, 2009, 08:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pynzo

Anyone ever tried this out? I've doctored the fuel inlet on this Super E carb so it'll fit over my Mag.
I cut the stock fuel inlet tit down to 1/4", ran a 5/16-24 die up the tit, took a 1/8"NPT 90 degree street elbow,
cut off the threaded tit, drilled it out to 1/4", ran a 5/16-24 tap up it, then sweat soldered it together.
A 1/8"NPT x 5/16" hose barb finishes it off. Dont sweat the hose barb on-
you wont be able to spin the assembly back into the fuel bowl.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

LONE WOLF

Nice work - S&S used to make a 90 deg. fuel inlet fitting - not sure why they stopped? Might be able to pick one up at a swap meet or on line. I'm running one (Super "E") on my 1960 XLCH with a MAG and with the S&S air cleaner cover which they say cannot be done! Just some fine hacksaw work and you can't tell. No problem if you are running a "V" stack.
Fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared.

Pynzo

The swivel inlet they used leaked, and so they scrapped it.

Brrrap

Ohh man i'm glad i stumbled onto this . I was wondering how i might be able to over come this clearance issue on my own build. Any other ideas out there?
82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86

Pynzo

As far as using an S&S air cleaner with enrichener lever goes, I bought a kit off of ebay to modify my backing plate for use with an OEM HD cover. Heres a link to the topic from the Panhead page. Paughco sells an old style breather snoot to fit the S&S also-

http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,6524.20.html

Ozee

It'll work. I'm running Morris mag with a Weber 40 DCOE carb. Did a similar deal to avoid the banjo fitting and interferring with fuel line routing and the mag.       Ozee