Looking for members in the south central Pennsylvania

Started by blacknchromehd, November 04, 2008, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacknchromehd

Looking for fellow riders in the central Pa area to do rides, help other riders with bike problems and maybe social activities. I ride with many people and would welcome new friends into our circle of friends..

Ladies are also welcome as my wife is an active rider on her own.

Bill from PA

Blacknchromehd@aol.com
If you own one you should ride it...not polish it..not look at it...ride the dam

mark61

Define south central!  I ride from the M/D line to the northern forests. Based in central Pa. Draw and X across the state and I am about 25 miles due south of the intersection. Wanta stop and take a leak on that interestection? Have to do it at night cause it is right in the middle of down town Aronsburg!   ;D

mark61

TooLow

Bill,  I am from just north of Harrisburg on the river.  Dont know if ya want to call it south central or not,   Not doing much ridin right now, just had a second knee surgery for the year  so I think my season may be over but am looking forward to ridin in the spring.  TooLow [Craig]

blacknchromehd

Mark and Toolow,

I live in York Pa...No I do not work at the factory as I am an HVAC guy. Grew up in northern md in a town called Freeland. I do ride often and far...rode Sunday for about 100 miles in the cold...now I have one..but still loved the ride...we rode this year to VA Beach, all of New England, Thunder in the Valley...FInger Lakes, Skyline Drive and many more.

Look forward to meeting people in this area who love bikes and riding as much as I do..

Bill

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
If you own one you should ride it...not polish it..not look at it...ride the dam

1JITSU1

BLACKNCHROMEHD
My wife and I love your neck of the woods. Infact we are going to ride sat. 11/8/08
to Harrisburg to the Farm Show Complex (do you know were that is) There is a bike and antque show
going on there this weekend. But its all about the ride. We are coming from Long Island.
Riding on this island sucks Wish we could move to York or anywere off L.I.
1JITSU1

mark61

Blacknchromehd,
        Check out the local ABATE  chapter. They are one of the most active in the state and in the top5 for membership numbers too I think.  They do a lot of charity events in York and Adams counties!
Contact Beth    libberty9@embarqmail.com
mark61

blacknchromehd

1jutsu

You would love living in this area. Homes are reasonable to purchase and taxes are not to bad. I have lived in this area within 30 miles most of my life. Its a great place to be as many big cities like Philly, Balt and DC are not that far. Many good roads to ride and many events to attend.

Mark if I shed this flu bug I have we are going to the Farm Show on Sunday. Not sure I will ride with trying to shed this flu but thinking about it. Looking for bars for my pro street build I am doing and to see what painters are up there.I have included a pic of this bike. Sold my shovel to a guy in England to build this toy...wife freaked out when a nitrous set up showed up and I told her I was going to install it on the Road King...She said buy something that you can tear up but not on our touring bike.

Thanks for the Abate...I always ride with a lid and many in that group have given me "Potty mouth" over the years for doing so. I came off my bike in 89 at 55 mph and my lid saved my head...So my choice is to wear one...those who do not thats there right...and I understand that....

Bill in Pa

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

mark61

Bill,
     Sorry you had to put up with butt heads like that. Round here/there  it isn't so bad. I would say close to30 %  still wear the helmet at any ABATE event.  Mostly the core people will tell you it aint about the helmet  it is about protecting our rights!  It is those who want the organization to be "Hells Angels Light"  that spout sht like that.
      Try hanging out at Laugherman's. I beleive there are a couple other clubs/ organizations in York.  York MC aint far from HD plant  and west of you near Spring Grove is White Rose MC  where they have regualr hill climbs and "meets".  East in Lancaster there are sevral also.
       Don't get your hopes up to high for the swap meet. Mostly that is J&P. Even the "big meet" in the spring-March/ April- pretty much sucks anymore.

mark61

rkrcpa

I'm technically SE PA, Pottstown but York ain't far at all. Yeah, the swap meet at the Fairgrounds isn't what it used to be. But, it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

chief-z

17 MILES SOUTH OF THE FINAL ASSEMBLY PLANT AT THE STATE LINE.
YORK COUNTY, PA. NEAR THE MD BOARDER

FLHRI_2004

I am not too far from York, about 2 hours.  I am from the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton area.
My Ride: Road King

blacknchromehd

Well I think I am going to try to get all the PA people on here from my area and up there for a get together in the early spring. Make a meeting place and have the groups meet up at a cycle place? What do you guys think?

Bill

FLHRI_2004

TooLow

A spring meet would be great.     OH COME ON SPRING !!!!!

FLHRI_2004

mark61

November 20, 2008, 04:04:25 AM #15 Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 08:10:29 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
Quotemy area and up there for a get together in the early spring.
Bill

Up there where? How early in the spring? Sounds like a good idea but too early would make it hard if you have far to go cause weather still iffy then. I'd be interested in getting together again!

mark61

blacknchromehd

I was thinking like first Sunday in April. They have a ride in at Cloisters Diner in Ephrata on the first Sunday of every month. Those here in York and South could meet up in east York and head that way. Or something else I am open to any ideas...

Bill

mark61

Ok then mark your calendar to remind us a month before. Ephrata is 100 miles east on 322 for me. Nice ride when the weather is alright.

mark61

TooLow

Bill, Radar, Ok I am marking that date on the calender.  Hopefully the weather will be good enough.  TooLow.

blacknchromehd

Too low,

I am also making sure that we make this date. I will be on the RK and the wife on the sporty. Should have the pro street done by then but not a real harley so I will leave it home. Figure we can all meet and ride together if going the same way. We can get breakfast there but its a mess...maybe Bob Evans in Lancaster or Cracker Barrel....love to ride with a full stomach...and no I am not a Honda rider...eat to ride..ride to eat...

Bill