May 02, 2024, 02:27:43 AM

News:

Continuation of E word problem

Started by Gonein7seconds, November 04, 2008, 02:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonein7seconds

Hi all,
For those of you who haven't been to the old site lately, I had a thread going there regarding the failure of my headlamp and passing lamps on my '02 FLHR. I've gotten to the point where I've established that there's no current going to any of these lights. The fuse is okay. Everything is plugged in. My next question: where are the common grounds or power sources for these two light sources? Should I follow the main harness back to the ignition switch, or go up into the Hi beam/lo beam switch housing? Would the wiring from the hi/lo switch to the headlight affect the passing lamps???
Thanks
This stuff is all Greek to me....
JD

fuzznut5197

QuoteThis stuff is all Greek to me....

Greek turns into English when you have a schematic.  ;)

Gulfstream

Quote from: fuzznut5197 on November 04, 2008, 03:11:51 PM
QuoteThis stuff is all Greek to me....

Greek turns into English when you have a schematic.  ;)

...and you know how to read it!

FSG

Power to the Headlamp/Spots comes from the lights fuse which also powers the rear lights, front turn signals, front fender tip (if you have one) then to the Hi/Lo Switch on the Left Hand Control.

In the Hi position power goes to the Hi Beam filament in the headlamp. The Spots do not work.

In the Lo position power goes to the Lo Beam filament in the headlamp and the on to the Spot Switch on the Dash Panel. In the ON position power goes to the Spots.

Q: Do you have High Beam?

rigidthumper

November 05, 2008, 04:19:45 AM #4 Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 04:21:50 AM by rigidthumper
Blue wire into the hi/low switch ( left hand control) is power for lights. It comes out of the switch as white (hi beam) or yellow (lo beam). Power for the passing lamps comes from this yellow wire.  If there's no power to the blue wire, check the fuse panel.
HTH
Robin
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Gonein7seconds

thanks for the input, everyone.
Only the headlamp and passing lamps went out. All the other lights are working.
There is no power at the headlamp plug.
I'm going to go backwards to the switch. That's the info I was looking for. thanks.
JD