May 04, 2024, 09:02:18 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Revtech Magnetic Oil Filters, Maddog lifters

Started by johnr733, January 19, 2009, 07:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnr733

Anyone tried these?  Worthwhile? Also any thoughts on Maddog lifters?

Reddog74usa

STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING MADDOG. It' wofong crap.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Caper

Quote from: Reddog74usa on January 19, 2009, 08:04:01 AM
Quote from: Reddog74usa on January 19, 2009, 08:04:01 AM

What Reddog said :up: :up:  MADDOG :down: :down:

JohnS_Rosamond

If you'd like to run a magnet on your filter (I do), there are at least two different magentic "attachments" that simply go over the filter of your choice.  The one that I have looks like a oil filter cap wrench and just sticks to the filter (custom chrome Inc.).  The other one looks like a sleeve.  I would say that these are better options, one time buy, works with all filters - no increased cost of the filter itself.

stroker800

Just stay away from maddog,,,,the magnet won't pick up brass or aluminum,,,so kinda of a gimmick.
Dave

paulkay

January 19, 2009, 09:27:39 PM #5 Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 09:40:46 PM by paulkay
Klear Force (Kuryakyn and others) -- Filtermag (JP Cycle and others)  Both stop ferric metal from plugging the filter media so the media can easily stop the brass and aluminum, without plugging or restricting the filter. Filtermag and Klear Force have web sites, take a look. Your choice, cut way down on parts for me twice.

Filtermag.com
Klearforce.com