April 27, 2024, 12:03:45 AM

News:

sportster clutch

Started by DarrellV, January 19, 2009, 01:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarrellV

Anyone know if the 06 and newer sportsters have the "easy" clutch spring in them? Is there any difference in the feel of the clutches like there is on the big twins? I'm putting a 96 sporty together and wanting to set it up with a clutch that is easy on the lever pull. Anyone ever installed a "easy clutch" arm on a sportster? If so did it help that much and, worth doing?

Bigs

Don't know about a easy clutch spring for the Sportsters but from '06 on up they put in a easy pull ramp.
   Bigs

LilEvilAmy

I believe that HD hasn't changed the Sportster clutch ramps since around 1994.  The '06 and newer Big Twins have the easy pull clutch ramps, but not the Sportys.  I had the AMP Research EZ Pull clutch assist (box) on my '95 sporty for over 10 years and it really helped.  Last year, I took it off and replaced the stock ramps with the Muller "Power Clutch" ramps. At the same time, I also replaced the stock clutch cable with a Barnett "High Efficiency" cable.  It was a bit pricey, but well worth it to me - The difference is amazing!  My old, arthritic, wimpy, little, girly hands can pull the lever with ease  - and Hammer can pull it with his pinky!  We've done several others since and everyone has been pleased with the reduction in lever effort.  I give it two big  :up:   :up:

A picture of the Muller vs Stock ramps >>

A picture of the AMP assist installed >> 

~ Li'l Amy & her "Evil Twin" Snortster ~ Detroit, MI ~  ~

Bigs

I was wrong the, '06's have a 20% reduced effort clutch spring not ramp. You can go to Documents, then instructions, then HD, then Tec forums. All you want to know about model changes.
   Bigs