May 02, 2024, 06:26:30 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Does any one know

Started by bikerdude57tx, November 04, 2008, 04:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikerdude57tx

Of a place on line where you can look up part numbers. Or does any one have a part number for a fuel pump for a 96 road king it is fuel injected.
Thanks
Dwight

gryphon

bikerdude57tx

rdkng

If your bike is a 'keeper', then you may want to buy the
HD Parts manual.  I like mine for the parts numbers and
the additional diagrams that sometimes helps with projects.
I use it almost as much as the HD Service manual..
rdkng 
Happy Motoring, Road King George

88-LA-Z-Boy

Forgive me if this seems like a stupid question but, is it better to try and find a model/year specific parts manual?

With my cars I bought a 2002 parts manual back in 2003, for my 1988 635 CSI (wish I still had it!) because I wanted all the "updated" parts numbers and the manual (on CD) had all the part numbers for Waaaay back - does the same rule apply here - I have a 1988 FLH - so I should just look for a recent manual?  or is it year specific.

Hope this makes sense.

LAZY
1988 FLHTP.  89' stroker, V&H 2into1, se-11 cam

bigblock6912

try for model specific. settle only on manual that covers your year or newer.

KlingonUltraRider

Quote from: 88-LA-Z-Boy on November 11, 2008, 08:18:40 AM
Forgive me if this seems like a stupid question but, is it better to try and find a model/year specific parts manual?

With my cars I bought a 2002 parts manual back in 2003, for my 1988 635 CSI (wish I still had it!) because I wanted all the "updated" parts numbers and the manual (on CD) had all the part numbers for Waaaay back - does the same rule apply here - I have a 1988 FLH - so I should just look for a recent manual?  or is it year specific.

Hope this makes sense.

LAZY
It is better to get the specific year part catalog and service manual for your year.  :rtfb: In addition you can get later year part catalogs to keep up on part changes.

Harley part numbers tell you what year they were first used. They have five numbers followed by a dash and two numbers.

Example   12345-95

The first five are the part it self. If the year numbers are the same, or the year is before yours, it will fit.
If the two numbers are later, it means that there has been some kind of update on the part. It should work with no or some modification. It may need additional parts.
If the first five number change, the part is totally different and will not work without major changes if at all.

I have BT part catalogs and service manuals going back to 1941. Always good to have for reference.

Caper

It would be better to get the Parts Book for your year bike.  Then when you're looking for a part, you know it'll fit right. If there was an update or upgrade, it'll come up when they punch the original number in.
  Like if you wanted new lifters, my 87-90 book has 18523-86, when I went to the dealer with this number and he punched it in,it showed an upgrade to 18523-86B. the letter behind the number shows that part was updated twice since 86 and is the direct replacement part, if it was a different number, like xxxxx-94 ,they changed the part and it may not be a direct replacement for your model.

Flat Dog

Every year of Harley changes, and interchangeability has gone to hell. Buy the exact model year book from now on...got this from a very good source.

vegaspete61

Theres one listed on ebay right now. Item number: 190270212982
It's from my carb conversion.