May 09, 2024, 02:01:52 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Ready to order TW-777

Started by Josh1, February 13, 2012, 12:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh1

Ready to order the Woods TW-777 and woods directional lifters, screaming eagle adj. pushrods
It will be going in a 2011 103"
Has a P.C.V, Vance and Hines true duals, V&H Hi-output mufflers, and Performance machine heavy breather.
I have been doing my homework and this is for me, spoke with Bobby a few times and this thing should rip.
Was close to the Cyclerama 575, Andrews 54, T-man 555, but my heart went with love at first sight!!!! LOL
Not to metion in a year when I'm bored, pop the heads and get busy.

So tell me what you guys think, I'm pumped.
Also when this is going on, I'm putting on 10" mini apes,and powder coating the front forks.

hog yild

February 13, 2012, 04:57:11 AM #1 Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 04:59:39 AM by hog yild
I went with Woods 777s in my 107 build. I had some issues getting the valve train quieted down. I started with Comp Cam lifters and had quite a bit of valvetrain noise which I couldn't get out of it adjusting the pushrod depth a number of times. I went back to my stock HD B lifters and it was quiet on start up, but they had some miles on them. This was more of a test than anything. Finally bought Bob's lifters and adjusted them per Bob. They are the quietest of the three. If the bike sits for a while, I will get some noise at first start up, but nothing compared to the Comp Cams. Warmed up and running they are noisier than stock or when I ran 255 cams. I'm not saying loud noisy but somewhat louder valvetrain noise then what I had before. Overall I have 500 miles on the build and I'm very happy with the way these cams pull. I was at 96ci with the 255 cams, and the hit at the lower rpms is much better than the 96ci 255, but it really lights up around 3000 rpms and keeps on pulling, where as the 255s where peaking around 4000 rpms. I'm using TTS to tune the bike and the weather took a turn. So I haven't been able to get the bike fully tuned yet, but I do like what it's doing so far.

I will say, Gaterman lifters, I almost went that way, and on my next build I think I'm going to try them.
2015 Superior Blue Limited

Tommy D

Josh,

If the budget allows, pop the heads now. Gonna need more compression for that grind to really shine.
Much more cost effective when you or tech is in there. Then the head porter can set the springs accordingly for a quieter upper end
You're choices are great, just a little tweaking needed to make it a really fun ride.

Acts 4:12

hog yild

Quote from: Tommy D on February 13, 2012, 07:06:19 AM
Josh,

If the budget allows, pop the heads now. Gonna need more compression for that grind to really shine.
Much more cost effective when you or tech is in there. Then the head porter can set the springs accordingly for a quieter upper end
You're choices are great, just a little tweaking needed to make it a really fun ride.

Good points, I'm running 10.3 static on my build, and I added manual compression releases when the heads were done. I'm glad I did, it will save my starter over time.
If upping the compression, I would highly recommend releases, manual or automatic depending on your preference. So while the heads are off and porting being done, I'd add them.
2015 Superior Blue Limited

xzo124

Used a set of the TW777 in a 09 FLHX 96" it rolled 88/98 , with Boss Cat and AC and Direct Link . He's smilin from ear to ear.....xzo

tkunk

February 14, 2012, 09:15:30 AM #5 Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:08:59 AM by tkunk
Quote from: Josh1 on February 13, 2012, 12:57:09 AM

Ready to order the Woods TW-777 and woods directional lifters, screaming eagle adj. pushrods
Has a P.C.V, Vance and Hines true duals, V&H Hi-output mufflers, and Performance machine heavy breather.
I have been doing my homework and this is for me, spoke with Bobby a few times and this thing should rip.
Was close to the Cyclerama 575, Andrews 54, T-man 555, but my heart went with love at first sight!!!! LOL

Also when this is going on, I'm putting on 10" mini apes,and powder coating the front forks.

777 cams with se pushrods and lifters,(quiet as a mouse), jackpot 2-1-2 headpipe and 4" tuned mufflers, no dynotune just the map fuelmoto sent with a powervision for this specific build.  True that a compression bump would help these cams but this chart is pretty nice for a cam swap I think.

N-gin

Yep sounds good. I would try the Gaterman lifters instead. IT would save you 250 dallars. Definatly going to need a bump in compresion so You my want to resurface the heads and get the .030 gasket. Actually I would have a custom gasket made. Call cometic and have them make you an exact bore size gasket that is .027 thick.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: Josh1 on February 13, 2012, 12:57:09 AM

Set the squeeze @ 10.4-5 cr, get the heads attended to, and it'll really move. :up:
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

Josh1

September 24, 2012, 12:23:26 PM #8 Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 05:45:03 PM by Josh1
Well I have not been on here in a while.
But I put in the tw-777 and woods directional lifters.
Had John Sachs do the heads, and holy S%it this thing rocks.
It puts down 105hp- 119tq
It hits super hard at 3k and hold on!
I was told by Bobby Woods with his cam and lifters there would be same valve train noise as stock.
Well I call Bullsh%t on that, i am super happy and love the build, but there is some noise, its not crazy and does not bug me at all. But if your going to get one, it will be louder then stock for sure!!
OH YA JOHN SACHS IS THE "FREAKING! " MAN!!!

Admiral Akbar

Want to see the run.. W777 is a good cam.. Much better than the mouse cams.. Whats the final build and wheres the dyno sheet..
Max

TorQuePimp

Glad someone talked him into not doing the 777 as a bolt in he would have been pissed

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: torqueinc on September 25, 2012, 07:46:14 AM
Glad someone talked him into not doing the 777 as a bolt in he would have been pissed

Got a dyno run?

Max

Deye76

Quote from: tkunk on February 14, 2012, 09:15:30 AM

777 cams with se pushrods and lifters,(quiet as a mouse), jackpot 2-1-2 headpipe and 4" tuned mufflers, no dynotune just the map fuelmoto sent with a powervision for this specific build.  True that a compression bump would help these cams but this chart is pretty nice for a cam swap I think.

Pipes and air cleaner helped too. Looks like a fun ride.  :up:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

C-Cat

I've been running the 777's/w directional lifters on my 107ci. RG for 4500 miles and they're quiet. Stock lifters in the 96in were very noisy imo.
Runs good too, walked away from a friend's 113ci. Duece the other night.
124ci. 07 Streetbob 161/145
110ci. '11 Roadglide  129/127