May 04, 2024, 03:33:58 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

OT Grump's hot water heater?

Started by Panzer, January 21, 2009, 09:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzer

January 21, 2009, 09:46:13 AM Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 12:08:18 PM by Panzer
Grump posted a problem with a hot water heater.
Does anyone know how he made out with it after replacing all the likely parts?
I'd like to know as I'm sure the others here want to know too.
GRUMP????   UP-DATE??

Panzer
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Panzer

January 21, 2009, 12:07:31 PM #1 Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 12:09:39 PM by Panzer
You're right.
Thanks.
I changed it.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

the Grump

I replaced everything I had to replace still nothing. Someone had mentioned the adapter thing with 2 wires going from the thermocoupler to the gas regulator. I dropped my boy off there the other night and decided to screw with it some more. So, I saw this on the net this one guy mentioned that he pushed the T.C. up into the regulator without the 2 wire adapter and that it ignited. I did it, it took a couple of tries and boom the the burner fired up. I let go of it and it went out. I put it back together and nuttin'. I tried several more times just sticking it up in the regulator and couldn't get it to work again. The wife was home and said they were sending her something else to stick on there. Personally I like electric heaters. Too simple.

HDRDR

With all do respect....Get a New Heater and forget the part changing thing.... it seems like to me, that its getting into a safety factor that YOU Know nothing about!

Juice

run a 220 line and put the electric one in and forget about it, myself, I dont trust gas

the Grump

It's not my heater, not my decision. I was just trying to help out a friend. As far as not knowing, yeah, maybe, however
I rarely fail fixing anything. This thing is bad for my ego.

88b

Quote from: Juice on January 22, 2009, 06:11:58 PM
run a 220 line and put the electric one in and forget about it, myself, I dont trust gas
Even our lights are 240 volt, All our heating is gas, on demand hot water that's heated only when we need. got a 9kw electric shower in the guest room for just in case, but that hasn't happened . YET  :embarrassed: