April 27, 2024, 07:36:34 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

97 S3T

Started by kik, February 20, 2012, 11:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kik

I have a buddy that's looking at an s3t converted to an s3. I don't know the difference my self but he said the owner told him that it had a new motor, it was carbed it has 26,000. What's the difference between the s3t and the s3? What are the most common mechanical breakdowns for the motor, frame, ect, ect. The owner of the bike says it in good condition and is asking $2000. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

92flhtcu

In my limited time since i joined the BW Buell site...The T model had hard saddlebags, lower fairings off the frontal side panels and lower footpegs. Im sure there may be more
www.badweatherbikers.com   Is chock-full of Buell info

Rob
Need a bigger garage

kik

92flhtcu, Thanks for the info. He decided to go with another bike. The buell was just beat to death, it would have to have a total rebuild put on it and the right side swing arm had a hair line crack in it. The guy tried to paint over the crack but with a couple of mile test ride it had actually flexed and popped the paint so it could be seen. I looked at another bike for him a 99 996 Super Hawk with 18,000mi. Very well maintained. $2100.