April 28, 2024, 07:15:58 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

The elusive B138 cam bearing

Started by 99fxsts, January 21, 2009, 01:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

99fxsts

I can not find anyone who can order this bearing. Ordered upgrade bearing from harley,got the original style ina. I have gone to several auto stores, nothing. They either don't have a book to look in or B 138 comes up as some larger type sealed bearing. At this point I am going to use the Original style,the old one went 100k and only showed minor wear. Where do you guys buy these things.Are the newer ina bearings better.

Skin

are you talking about the timken inner cam bearing? if so, anybody should be able to get those if that's what you need call Jenni at Tri-County Harley and she'll get all you need.

bigpete1

it should be a torrington bearing availible at most indy shops .pete

abogiant

I believe georges garage has got  them
abo

99fxsts

It is the inner cam bearing. I had just tried local places. Now i'll try one of the online shops.Thanks guys

garlow3

Check out one of the Industrial Bearing suppliers. They can get those bearings and at a much less cost.

Herko

99, email me your mailing addy.
I can drop one (a Torrington B-138) in the mail in the morning.
herko at insightbb dot com
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

smittyon66

Forget the bullsh!t - it's all about two wheels and a motor!

MCLIFER

Torington b-138 cam bearing can be purchased from any bearing supply store. I've even seen them on e-bay.

ricochet

I just got two from NOS.

I ordered an oem and an aftermarket and both came as the Torrington B138.

ricochet

still_havinfun

when i ordered my last inner cam bearing from the dealer, instead of having Torrington stamped on the lip like the ones i've seen here, it just had
Torr stampedd on the lip. am i correct in assuming that they are the same company?

RLPOS1

J&P also carries them. Buy 2 or 3 for spares. I keep at least 1 spare around
:wink:
1996 FXD
T/Jet kit, S/E 6000 RPM Ignition, Hooker Tunable's, EV27, HyperCharger