September 20, 2024, 06:28:40 PM

News:

Brakes or something internal?

Started by NotaFATBOB, January 22, 2009, 01:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotaFATBOB

I have an 08 FAT BOB with 3500 Mi. I can hardly push it forward or backwards in Neutral. The belt is not tight so i was wondering anyone have this problem.....Sorry i'm a newbie. Thanks, Terry G.

sedgar2

Hard to recommend any action, I would first get the wheels off the ground and see how they turn by hand. Should get at least a motorcycle jack and if you can afford it a table lift. Does the bike roll down say a small incline?

Clintster

Call your dealer, it is under warranty.  Most will come and get them, especially that new.
Drive fast, take chances

Panzer

January 22, 2009, 01:57:37 PM #3 Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 01:59:09 PM by Panzer
Nota,
Firstly........welcome on-board.
I think Sedgar2 has the right idea.
Raise the front of the bike up so the wheel is off the ground and spin it.
Do the same with the back.
That will tell you if the brakes are kinda dragging.
The belt being tight or loose, I don't think that would be the source.
I'm sure others here will chime in.
Stay posted and let us know the outcome.

Panzer
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

geezerglide

had same problem on my SEEG, it turned the Rotors were out of round, no idea how that happened, only guess was that the shop who changed out my tires may have squashed the front rotor in the Vise on the Table Lift. Replaced both rotors, now no problem, also before the tire change I could roll the bike around with no problem. Only fond out because I got a tank slapper at 100 mph. then took into shop to check alignment, thats when discovered rotors were bent and a missing wheel weight.

geezerglide

Superheat9

I would call the dealer and ask him WTF..... you got a warrant use it. I thought the new style brakes were going to be an improvement.  Get it checked out before you warp a rotor.  And don't let them tell you ir isn't covered.

Phu Cat

And don't let them tell you it isn't covered.

Right.  Or that they all do that.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

SCRACAR29

How is your tire pressure? I see bikes with extremely low tires all the time and they are very hard to push.

HroadhogD1

If you can't push it forward or backwards in netral, maybe you need to eat your Weaties!   :hyst:
Sorry just had to do it.

NotaFATBOB

I think i will let the dealer deal with this issue. The reason i asked...hmmm ...dummm arrrrse me was at the dealer today to use my "card"  :bf: Then i leave with a thinner wallet.... got caught up in the old counter convos and it NEVER entered my mind.  :sink: Mind? Hmmm if i had one i should have asked ? Anyway, this ol puny army ranger who forgot to eat my C's will let ya know what i find. Thanks

NotaFATBOB

SCRACAR29 you nailed it right on the head! Daaannggg i am embbaressed as sh i t but sure nuff the morn i checked the ol air with the trusty guage, front good. NO reading from rear. :hyst: limped her down the street shot some air in and now i can push it very easy. Whew glad it was a simple thing, seems like it always is. I owe ya one Bro  :up: scracar29!!!!!

Windweaver

why was there no air in the tire is the question i would be asking? WW

NotaFATBOB

it may have a slow leak in it. i'll watch the pressure with the gauge for the next few days and see if i may have a slow leak. looked for nails etc and sprayed around air cap. no bubbles, so......? just a wait and see thing. thanks guys. best site around. HARLEYS are the BEST! At least i love mine. :teeth:

HroadhogD1

Glad it was a simple fix.  That isn't the way it usually goes.    :up:

truck

I had an air loss in a rear tire that wound up being a leaking valve core that wasn't secured with a good metal cap with rubber seal.
At least using a metal cap with a good seal stopped my air loss.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

PoorUB

Quote from: NotaFATBOB on January 23, 2009, 01:02:27 PM
SCRACAR29 you nailed it right on the head! Daaannggg i am embbaressed as sh i t but sure nuff the morn i checked the ol air with the trusty guage, front good. NO reading from rear. :hyst: limped her down the street shot some air in and now i can push it very easy. Whew glad it was a simple thing, seems like it always is. I owe ya one Bro  :up: scracar29!!!!!

At least you found the problem before you had the dealer take a run at it! At least here you embarased yourself with only 5,500 people watching instead of three or four at the dealer! :hyst:
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

SCRACAR29

Your welcome NotaFATBOB. Been away for a few days, so I just now saw your post.Glad it was simple.