May 04, 2024, 07:05:28 AM

News:

Any XLCR owners here

Started by calif phil, March 08, 2012, 10:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calif phil

I just bought me a '77 XLCR and was wondering how many other HTT members have one.   Once I get a chance to look it over good I am sure I will have some questions for you guys.

garyajaz

calif phil

Not yet I have only owned it for 5 hours.   :bike:

JohnCA58

:hyst:   always liked the looks of that bike, with the front pipe running across the front.   just to small of a bike for me.    :embarrassed:
YOLO

calif phil

Hey John  There is a dip dot on the bike that says

Armando Magri inc   HD   Sacramento

It must have been in your stomping grounds sometime.   

FSG

calif phil

Thanks FSG  that is exactly what it looks like. 

JohnCA58

Quote from: calif phil on March 08, 2012, 12:56:01 PM
Hey John  There is a dip dot on the bike that says

Armando Magri inc   HD   Sacramento

It must have been in your stomping grounds sometime.

Wow,  Armando was a great guy, and had that dealership for many years,  now it is called Sacramento Harley,  only reason to go in there now is for the free coffee.  everything else in that store is over the MSRP.  the current owner should hang his head in shame.
YOLO

garyajaz

after 10 hours the price goes down

calif phil

I just rode it for the first time, it's 36 outside but for the two miles from work to home it wasn't bad.  The thing ran great.  I am going to like it. 

CaptMike

I owned #427 a 1978 XLCR.   I liked the CR and it sounded great with the exhaust system.  (I just found a roller for sale, missing engine and wiring harness.)   I owned the one I had about 3 years and might have ridden it 500 miles.  It would totally beat you to death on the highway. 
1957 Pan, 1997 Black Betty Bobber, 1998 RoadGlide
Pogo Stick

calif phil

I think I might have seen that roller for sale on feebay. 
How did you know what number your XLCR was.  Is there supposed to be a plaque of some sort on the bike. 

CaptMike

Quote from: calif phil on March 10, 2012, 07:23:35 AM
I think I might have seen that roller for sale on feebay. 
How did you know what number your XLCR was.  Is there supposed to be a plaque of some sort on the bike.

1970-1980: Serial Number Format: (7F)xx12345yy where xx is the model designation and yy is the year of manufacture   A total 3133 XLCR cafe racer produced by Harley Davidson in 1977-79  (nine 1979's). 
1957 Pan, 1997 Black Betty Bobber, 1998 RoadGlide
Pogo Stick

JohnCA58

Phil,  was just thinking,  Armando has one of these and his whole collection of bikes went to his son when he pass away,  the bike is still in display at Sacto Harley.    :up:
YOLO

calif phil

That is cool John,  someday when I come to visit you guys I will have to go check it out. 

CaptMike   Mine is number 422

atomrotten

May 12, 2012, 10:03:52 AM #15 Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 10:06:35 AM by 24Cycles
I had a complete one minus motor. It was a real 7F bike and it was a 77. I sold it to a customer that wanted it more then I did.
Here is a picture of it....

garyajaz

couple years ago at big bike show at el cameno jr college
(l.a.) a guy had 5-6 rollers and a couple complete bikes.

he is in lust with them.  anyway, he makes a lot of parts for them.
tanks and fenders, pipes in stock, lots of specialty parts.'

so stuff is out there.  i almost bought a roller but that day i bought a buell so was low on money.
we sold a few bikes , but hate to come  home with more bikes than we brought.

FLTRI

I have owned a '77 49 state bike (smaller mufflers) for over 25 years.
I rode it and had to gear it taller so it didn't take out my eye teeth and generate hemorrhoids. :cry:
Been in storage for over 10 years and would probably take $10k US for it. :wink:
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

garyajaz

just went through all my bike show folders.
many  many pix.
i know i took some of his table and area with all the bikes.
cant find them.  figgures.
they nice part of sporty history.
saw a twin carb one last year.  thunder heads or some such.
cams switched around.  very cool unit.