April 28, 2024, 09:42:45 AM

News:

very strange

Started by 4speed, March 09, 2012, 02:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4speed

I was doing some carb work on a friends bike 02 883 stock, got the bike running good so while at idle i pulled the oil plug and the bike almost died put it back ran fine,tried again almost died any clue on what this can be
Danny                                                               Ride Safe

FLTRI

Well, since it's not a state-of-the-art automobile with crankcase sensors to measure pressure/vacuum and will shut down the engine if the pressure reading is not right...this IS the strangest condition I've heard in a long time.

Did you notice if the plug wants to be pushed out or sucked in?
I honestly know of nothing that can cause this unless there are other signs the engine is not running properly...then some testing can be done to diagnose the running issue...which may alleviate the issue.

So, if the bike runs fine otherwise...doesn't use/blow oil...I'm not sure if what you experienced is critical.
There's got to be more to the story...like what was the last thing done to the bike or if there are any other issues...etc
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

4speed

the bike sat for a couple of years it all stock,it started rite up just ran bad so that is when i did the carb she runs real good thats all i no

FLTRI

Vacuum at filler?
Pushes oil out the filler?
Oil added before running the bike? Oil level proper now that it has been run?
Let us know,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

4speed

it just went away after a long ride

Lew

WoW, if only I could get em to do that. :crook:
-It is now later than it has ever been before-