May 01, 2024, 05:06:15 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

NEWS!!

Started by 53Pan66shovel, January 22, 2009, 03:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

53Pan66shovel

well i put about 150 miles on it after i jsut had the head milled looks like it broke again starting to get oil out the back pipe and some smoke looks like i need new heads no luck!

Deye76

You have had your share of outhouse luck. Have you had Craig's guy (Perry @ Floheadworks) look at them? I don't remember what you did to them, so maybe too late? Best wishes.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

CraigArizona85248

Doubtful that you need new heads.  You just need to get your current heads fixed properly.  Unfortunately you can't take panheads to just anyone to fix.  Experience pays dividends with these old heads.

-Craig

panz4ever

Couple of more options...HeadHog and Creekside welding and Machining offer services for that kind of 'needs to be fixed right'

53Pan66shovel

ya i had the front one done and its working fine now the back is giving me problems but the bike is running good it just smokes when i back off the throttle

62pan

If it smokes when you back off the throttle, it is most probably the intake valve guide. If there is too much clearance, when the throttle is closed the high vacuum in the intake tract will suck oil down the valve stem. Usually if that is the case it will also smoke some at idle.

53Pan66shovel

ya it smokes at idle not alot just a couple of puffs i figured it might be  a valve guide guess i wont know till i tear into it