May 05, 2024, 01:15:55 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Lifesaver TCB...

Started by tireater, January 22, 2009, 03:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tireater

Is anyone using this device on their Harley...? What do you think about it...?
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

Tsani

Ok, I'll bite. What's a TCB?  :embarrassed:
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

Panzer

I'm glad someone bit first.   :embarrassed:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

tireater

It seems like you put a bubble in your brake line...they sell different size bubbles...

Tsani

Ah, wasn't this asked about before? I think someone was going to"test" it?
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

04glide

I think you would be better off just doing some practice stops somewhere. Get your muscle memory up to speed and keep your brakes working as they should be.

Phu Cat

I think o4glide is dead on.  It's better to be able to "read" your brakes than to depend on a mechanical system that can fail you've gotten used to it being there.  Seems like a crutch to me.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

Ape_do

I'm glad I'm not the only ol-timer who just doesn't like the idea of anything but me doing my braking for me. I know I can't brake as efficiently as ABS or likely as well as other gadgets either, but my reflexes have kept me alive this long, and so far, I've been able to rely on them every day without failure. The first time that I get used to relying on 'assisted braking' and they don't function properly, I just know it's gonna be a bad thing.

tireater

I know the rear wheel on my bagger locks up too easy...It has since day 1 and my friends who rode the bike say the same thing...

88b

Quote from: Ape_do on January 23, 2009, 05:47:08 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only ol-timer who just doesn't like the idea of anything but me doing my braking for me. I know I can't brake as efficiently as ABS or likely as well as other gadgets either, but my reflexes have kept me alive this long, and so far, I've been able to rely on them every day without failure. The first time that I get used to relying on 'assisted braking' and they don't function properly, I just know it's gonna be a bad thing.
I agree with all of that after seeing this happen in my mirror. 105th Anniversary Ultra with ABS failure

and what stopped it

hardtail84

Wow thats some heavy damage. I can see abs on cars and trucks but on my bikes I want total control, good or bad!
It'll fit, just hit it harder!

verson22

88B , I can see he has no lever , but is that the ABS failure, a leak or what.Just curious no sarcasm intended.

texaskatfish

Ah reckon  ah learn somthin new every day................

When I first saw 'TCB' - that's a Traffic Control Barrier (aka center wall section) in the Highway Construction biz..........
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

tomcat64

Just my .02.... now that i have ABS i wouldn't be without them,,, especially living here in deer country!!

t-c

tireater

I want to try one on the back of the bagger...I need to figure out the right color...
http://www.tcbbrakesystems.com/