May 04, 2024, 05:00:12 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Other countrys

Started by Phu Cat, January 22, 2009, 04:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phu Cat

Are drivers in other countries as bad about turning left in front of motorcycles as Americans are?

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

1JITSU1

The real Americans dont   :duel:

Coyote

Or maybe that should say Turning Right in front of motorcycles?  :wink:

Panzer

Or just plain, just turning in front of motorcycles...............either way........ouch!!
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

FSG

Quote from: Phu Cat on January 22, 2009, 04:15:46 PM
Are drivers in other countries as bad about turning left in front of motorcycles as Americans are?

PC

My guess is their worse, at least here in Oz and I've driven, ridden all around the world.

Rusty Steel

If it ain't broke... Fix it until it is.

China twin 88

January 22, 2009, 08:44:30 PM #6 Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 08:46:40 PM by China shovel
In china, it seems there must be a rule learned while attempting to master the engine powered vehicle, no one and I mean no one looks to the left when turning right....it is there fore absolutely required to slow your "motor" (In Alabama, when I was younger, that is what we called motorcycles) when approaching a intersection of sidestreet or Houtong (alley).  The brakes used on the older Changs...the shovel I have was equip ed with disk, are leading edge shoes... and you may need to "flintstone" it to come to a complete stop...once a bus turned in front of me while trying out a friends bike sans the "whoa"..I did in fact hit the bus ... the bike .. had little damage .. but the bus.. well I had to pay for the dent ....right then and there.. but the driver was easily satisfied by a RMB amount equaled to around 24 dollars.
LMMC/LAMF

snoman

Quote from: Phu Cat on January 22, 2009, 04:15:46 PM

PC
I've sure seen a few in Canuckstan.