May 04, 2024, 11:41:39 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Anyone using Odysee Batteries in their Harley?

Started by MustangHarley, January 22, 2009, 09:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MustangHarley

My battery in my 2004 Lowrider is getting weak. I was wondering about the Odysee PC545. Anyone here using them? The MOCO battery has lasted over 5 years. Just wondering.

Thanks

HIPPO

They are very good batteries. I used them before Harley came out with the AGM battery.

04glide

Not yet but I think I am going to try one soon. I still have the stock battery in my bike and it's going on 5 years. They have some high tech batteries for sure. The cranking amps that they claim are the highest I have seen. But only rated for a few seconds at the highest output. Then again how long are you cranking it over for.

hotham

They are very good, but AGM batteries are hard to beat.  Put a Harley AGM battery in my ride 3/1/00 and it still fires the bike.  I admit I may change it out of fear of failure, but, it has been amazing. Always on the maintainer when not being ridden.  How do I know it was installed on that date.  It is etched into the top of the battery.

Molly

I hear they're very good. Popular in Guzzis (they can take some cranking too). Still wise to keep an Optimate or such on it.

IronButt62

Have had one in my Softail for 3 years now. Think I gave $60 for it on flea bay. Have run it down to dead a couple of times and it still works fine. Will get another one if it ever dies.

Deet

maicoman

I have that battery in my softail.Got it cheep from a florida battery dealer that advertises on ebay.Was less then $100. shipped.

Crotch_Rockets_Suck

Have one in my bike.  96" S&S and a Spyke starter.  Even fully charged it still starts the bike rather slowly compared to the old HD AGM I had two years ago.
If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?

boooby1744

Can't use a standard battery tender,they need a  different $$one.

Molly

The battery on my Guzzi is a gell battery and I use an Optimate. In fact, I have three Optimate 'intelligent' chargers. I'm sure there are many other good brands but I suggest you also look into these if you're considering a battery tender.

L-

The H-D battery is hard to beat, they got this one right.  The Odysee batteries were real popular in 4 wheel drive clubs in a few states as they were sealed.  My son runs them in three vehicles. They are not a magic battery and one really needs to pay attention to the cranking amps and how long you have them. 

http://www.dekabatteries.com/assets/base/0139.pdf

twincamvficustom

January 25, 2009, 06:27:12 AM #11 Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 07:13:36 AM by twincamvficustom
I have a PC680 and start a 124 w/ releases with no problem.  If you search around there are more people with problems than those favorable.  I've tested mine and can get 12 - 14 starts out of it, one after the other.

I picked the battery because of it's size - 3" thick compared to 3 1/2 for most.  If it wasn't for the size I would have used an AGM for 1/2 the price.

I got mine from a local Batteries Plus so I could return it if I had a problem. I use a Battery Tender.