April 27, 2024, 12:04:32 AM

News:

Ironhead Clutch

Started by CTRockDog, November 04, 2008, 11:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTRockDog

I was riding my 75 XLCH, the bike was starting on the first kick all day and things were great.  I stopped into the DMV for a few hours and when I got out I noticed that my clutch was not fully disengaging.  The cable was soft and I pulled over to see if I could get it to disengage.  I ended up somehow completely unhooking the cabling that goes inside the primary so now I have to pop off the primary cover and hook the cable back up.  Anything I might need to do with the clutch to make sure it's going to engage and disengage in the future?  The clutch is not that old and I know it's not wore out.

CTRockDog

Update, I called a local shop that I have used for work on my sporty and asked them if they would sell me a primary gasket so I could put this thing back together.  They told me they would give me the gasket.  Then the owner of "Pacemaker Choppers in East Hartford CT, Dan," told me to just bring the bike by and he would take care of the clutch for free.  It must be noted that I just had the bike serviced there last week, but hey, Dan is a number 1 righteous dude and he's going to save me the time to take care of this clutch for free.  Can't beat that with an ugly stick not by a mile.

CTRockDog

help-u2

good they taking care of you. 
owner might have thought of something they omitted/slipped up in service and want to make it right. 
either way it is good business to take care of you cause it just left their shop.
either way he just secured your future business.  its how i used to take care of my customers...

saltcaveminer

sounds like a poor adjustment was done at the shop.glad they took it in for ya.Salty

jmanjeff

Mike
you may want to start your own thread for that
1957  Sportster