May 08, 2024, 12:18:21 PM

News:

What set-up is this ?

Started by War Horse, March 29, 2012, 04:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

War Horse

It seems to have the old style Prestolite starter, very clean. Does anyone know who makes this ?

A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory

Deye76

Could be a "Tech Cycle". They make a nice a set up for tin primaries too.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Old Crow

That's awesome.  I just love the look of all that rotating mechanism hanging there waiting to rip the leg off your jeans, or swallow small, furry animals.  :chop:

Twinkie's...pphhattt!, Who need's 'em.  :potstir:
This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickock.

War Horse

Thanks Deye, we'll look into it.

BTW, (Old Crow)  :wink:  what I'm refering to in the picture is the starter set up and this would go on the 77 shovel we're doing for Karl and his belt drive is shrouded.

Old Crow

I knew that.  I was just commenting on the belt drive as a whole.  If I was to ever build another chopper(unlikely at my age)I'd do a setup just like that.  The fact that you can do an electric start without the chain case is just a bonus.
Don't 'spose you've got a pic of the whole bike?
This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickock.

Lew

I went through some of my old Horse magazines and saw a couple setups just like that one that are Tech Cycle units.  Good looking stuff.
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

War Horse

Quote from: Old Crow on March 30, 2012, 05:26:10 PM
I knew that.  I was just commenting on the belt drive as a whole.  If I was to ever build another chopper(unlikely at my age)I'd do a setup just like that.  The fact that you can do an electric start without the chain case is just a bonus.
Don't 'spose you've got a pic of the whole bike?

Noooo  :embarrassed: I kinda dumb f'cked it, Karl and I got so caught up in the starter set up and crawling on the ground to get pictures with people half steping on me, that I forgot to get full pictures, there were 2 of them shovel bottoms and knucke tops, hardtails both......  :banghead: