May 01, 2024, 11:23:34 PM

News:

Ebay a winner?

Started by Little Al, January 23, 2009, 07:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Al

so is the recession effecting eBay?

certain parts I need for my '54 FL that I've seen over and over come up for auction I've watched go for big money. Lately those same parts are selling comparatively low. Matter of fact I scored some items I've been trying to buy at damn cheap prices this week. complete mechanical rear with good sprocket & backing plate have been going in the $150-200 range, got one for $70. buddy seat complete spring & bar setup with brackets usually in the $80-100 i got for $40. I've got similar bargains in the past week or two. And all those prices include shipping! Some of the items didn't even have one bidder.

I've got a bit of cash right now to spend, gonna try and keep getting some bargains.

Thought I'd share what I'm seeing with my Pan brothers...  Happy bidding!
Little Al

04customking

That's good to hear. I check that stuff out all the time too. I've noticed a slight shift in prices too but not to the extent you have. I think the key is what you mentioned, not many people have the resources to "waste" on a hobby when they have lots of other responsibilities to pay for. Less people=better deals. Good luck. I'm putting the sheet metal on my '54 today. Started yesterday with front and rear fenders. Fun stuff now. I think I see the light down that tunnel.
Jim  '54 FL Pan. '04 RK Custom

Little Al

glad to hear it, I've been waiting for you to get the tins on and for you to post some pictures ever since you posted the pictures of the paint.

seeing we both have '54's and your ahead of me on your project it keeps me encouraged to keep moving on mine. I have my bike in the kitchen and try to work every night, even when I get home late from work. watching progress here helps me stay motivated, lol
Little Al

moose

Al

have you tried Nicks cycle salvage for some of your parts?

Glenn

Moose aka Glenn-

Little Al

never heard of him.

searched but can't find anything on him, got a link or contact number?
Little Al

FSG

NICK'S MOTORCYCLE AND SALVAGE CENTER
- 159 Lebanon Avenue
- Williamstown, NJ 08094
Phone: 609 728-9607
Fax: 609 875-7148

04customking

Al, I just got in from the garage. I took a few pics. I'll start a new thread. Glad mine motivates you but you're going more stock than me. As Pzokes called mine more of a resto-mod.

Little Al

thanks SG, close by me too!

Jim, i responded in your new thread
Little Al

moose

nicks is only about an hour away from me and I go there all the time. You would be amazed at his second floor and the 50 or so bikes on display. He just put up there some 1905-1910 indians that were 100 % redone. they are so redone they look like they came out of a time capsule. It"s  worth the trip. Bring your lunch you'll be there all day.

he is open 10 to ? closed sunday and monday
Moose aka Glenn-

04customking

Is this the same guy? It looks like he has lots of stuff.

http://www.nickscustomcycles.com/default.asp

Pynzo

Yeah thats him! He's one righteous dude and probably has a half dozen of any part you need layin around- barns full of old parts.

Tsani

Just make sur you catch Nick in a good mood! Been dealing with him for years form the days of the chicken coops!
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier