May 04, 2024, 09:12:36 PM

News:

Remote Caddy door lock/unlock

Started by Phu Cat, January 23, 2009, 07:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phu Cat

The remote to lock and unlock the doors quit working at distance and I found it would only works at a few feet.  Then it quit working altogether so I changed the battery.  With the new battery, again, it would work at 10 feet max.  Now it won't lock or unlock the doors at all.  But the trunk unlock and panic button still work.  But Ma's remote works everything.  What gives?

PC

:crook:
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

Panzer

January 23, 2009, 08:07:07 PM #1 Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 08:10:00 PM by Panzer
Just a guess, but it's probably a woman thing.
The reverse of a man thingy.  :hyst:
Another thought............
Switch her's when she isn't looking.
Tell her she needs a new one & she should buy it.......if she buys it.  :emsad:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

northbrun

sounds like 1 of 2 things...
1. you replaced the old battery with another old battery. (weather you just bought it or not)
2. the fob may have wondered off frequency and is not hitting the receiver...
But what do i know?

Faast Ed

Quote2. the fob may have wondered off frequency and is not hitting the receiver...

Seems likely since the other frequencies still work.
QuoteBut the trunk unlock and panic button still work.

Try your wife's battery in yours to confirm that it's not a bad replacement currently in there, then consider a replacement fob.
(Unless your owners manual shows a way to "re learn" it - as some aftermarket systems do).  The cost of having a dealer do it would out weigh the cost of a replacement, I suspect.
≡Faast Ed>

02roadcling

Been there fixed that several times.
Try another battery first,
if that don't work then put on your glasses and read the part number stamped on.
Go to any dealer and tell a salesman or somebody you need a used remote, they will have a bunch of old unclaimed keys, etc. Match the numbers.
Find and follow the instructions for programming it. (a buddy with All Data)
You can even change it so the door locks will stop locking themselves.
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington