April 27, 2024, 01:23:36 PM

News:

Front Tire Size

Started by Willie D, January 24, 2009, 12:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie D

Anyone tried to put a 110/90/19 on a newer sporty. I have a 2008 Nightster and the fender looks like a 'Dirt' bike. :angry:
wanted to lower the fender, but thought maybe a 110 might fill the space. :idea:

WD
'All gave some, Some gave All"

andyxlh

Hello Mate
I think the problem occurs because the same fender is used on the 21" front wheel so it loks a little silly on the 19". My '89 xlh was before the 21 was released in the narrow glide front end so the fender fits correctly. Have a look on www.youfreeweb.com/andysharleys/ for pics of the fender correctly fitting the front 19" wheel. The different tyre size I don't think would make a lot of difference; but you would be able to lower the fender by reposotioning the holes and cutting the bottom of the fender bracket off. You will of course have to touch in the paint....
cheers
andy
Sydney
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a roll of Duck tape then you're in trouble

Willie D

it looks like they may have a new style fender for the the new 883 Iron. guess I will go to the HD shop and check the part #

I was thinking that a bigger tire might give it a better look and be a tad bit cheaper than a new fender.

Cheers Mate.  :smiled:

WD

hogpipes1

I put a 110-90-19 Bridgstone on my 01 xl no problem  fit.

Willie D

well the problem is solved, I just went out to the HD stealer, and the fender on the new IRON 883 is a totaly new design, looks more like the old sporty fender. got one ordered in flat black.

can't wait till it arrives, maybe by the snow melts :pop: :soda:

WD