April 28, 2024, 07:50:44 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Todays progress

Started by 04customking, January 24, 2009, 01:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

04customking

January 24, 2009, 01:04:08 PM Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 01:57:13 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
Sheet metal is going on and I believe most of it is on for good. Dash and right tank have to come off again for throttle cable when I get one. Just had to put them on to see progress.

Jim  '54 FL Pan. '04 RK Custom

Deye76

VERY, VERY, nice. Fine job. :up:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

CraigArizona85248

panjs

She is beautiful. The shotgun pipes look just right.

iiggii

Clean ,Nothing like a clean pan . :up:

Pzokes

January 24, 2009, 04:48:36 PM #5 Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 11:51:09 AM by Pzokes
Looks great!  Excellent choices of parts and color. 
There's miles to go before I sleep.

Little Al

God I'm motivated!!!!

great job man, great job
Little Al

04customking

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the comments. This last couple of years has been fun, but very costly. Now, finally, I can start to see the fruits of my labor. I still have a few hurdles to get over. I have been trying to figure out what I'm going to do for handlebar stuff. I need a master cyl. for a single disc that doesn't accommodate the switch housings because I'm not going to use them. GMA has a basic one but if I get that one, it comes with their lever. I need to call them and find out if they make a matching lever for my clutch and will they interchange. Other then that. I don't have much more money I need to throw at this. Wow, I just realized, I better start looking for another project.  :wink:

Jim

Jester

Custom,

Nice looking bike! :up: Let me know what you find in the way of handle controls I am having the same dilemma on my panhead while changing the front end to a springer.

Jeff 
--
Jester
2006 Road King Classic 1965 Panhead Custom

04customking

I will Jeff, it might be a few weeks though.

ricochet

That is sweet.  Like the blue it does look clean. 

Now go get her dirty.

ricochet

4DWUDS

Beeeutifull, one of the best blends of old and new I have seen in a long time.
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.

Pzokes

January 31, 2009, 01:08:52 PM #12 Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 01:22:17 PM by Pzokes
04customking,
Here's a picture of one of my "resto-customs".  It's a '48 with some parts I like from other years, and extra chrome, and some aftermarket stuff.  It was born to be hated by the "resto-nazis...but I like it and that's what matters.  I'm sure that your bike will look better with your paint, chrome, and parts combinations.

CraigArizona85248

Quote from: Pzokes on January 31, 2009, 01:08:52 PM
... I like it and that's what matters. ...

I love that bike.  I'd make that a daily rider and ride the wheels off it.  Nice!

-Craig

Pzokes

January 31, 2009, 01:38:13 PM #14 Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 07:41:47 PM by Pzokes
Thanks Craig.  I have riden the wheels off it in the 38 years that I've owned it.  I plan on riding 48 states on a 48 Pan with this bike.  For the ride, it will have a springer summer windshield and a small antique luggage trunk for a tour pack.   

53Pan66shovel

Deye76

Pzokes, awesome bike, do you have a left side shot?  :up:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Pzokes

Deye76,
As soon as the weather warms up, I'll clean it up, and post some pics in the "show your panhead" section.  It's been in the twenties the last few nights and is supposed to snow in two days.....and this is GA!  I've got to work on the picture's background too.  Some of the hinges on my 1890's barn need the galvinize ground off them, so they look like the old hinges on the other door....or maybe I'll use something else for a backdrop.

04customking

I totally agree with the others, that bike looks great. I can't wait till mine is done. I'm sitting here now trying to find some more parts I need. Big swap meet in Syracuse next weekend. I'll be there for sure.

Little Al

Jim, got details on the swapmeet?

I'm looking hard all over for parts for my '54. I wouldn't want to compete with you at the same meet for parts but man, it's ugly out there... lol

seriously, I might be able to make it and would be interested in going. Buy ya a beer if we meet up there!
Little Al

04customking

Sorry Al, I didn't see this until just now. I've pretty much decided I'm not going but here is the flier for it. Very crowded, bands and beer too. Perfect for browsing around.
http://www.syracusesuperswap.com/defaultSYR.htm