May 07, 2024, 11:34:04 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

In Fairing Amp

Started by War Horse, April 08, 2012, 02:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

War Horse

Man I hate doing this, but I cant find the old thread about radio amplifiers that fit into a batwing fairing, but I need to bite the bullet on one to hook up the 4 speakers on mine and get some decent sound out of the old girl. I thought that I had saved the link somebody posted up about the amp and then the speaker combo, but no luck    :embarrassed:

Please help me out here guys, I got some extra cash and need to give the Warhorse a treat ( the bike, not me  :teeth: ), just trying to do my part for the economy......... ya know , spreading the love around  :wink:
A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory

timtoolman

Hog tunes has a. 160 amp that fits under fairing , mounts. On top of factory radio . I have one in works great
Hillside 117 ,  2009 ultra
HTCS (AW/SW) USN RET.

War Horse

Tim, how bad was it to wire in ?

cherryseeg2

For the price its had to beat the new rockford amps 300 watts available in in 2or4 series depending on your needs. Can be had for less than $200. Easy install just run a power and ground from battery and use you existing speaker wires for inputs.
2005 Cherry SEEG2-J&B Performance 120 163hp/144tq

War Horse

Thanks guys, I just looked at the Hogtunes site, since I dont have the correct harness for the rear speakers , it looks like the 4 speaker & 160 amp ultra kit is what I'll need.

Going to give them a call tomorrow and see if it comes with the harness to the rears, says their closed today.  :emsad:

War Horse

Just wondering if there's anyplace that sell the Hogtunes kits at a discount or maybe a HTT discount ?  :nix:

Garry in AZ

I'm pretty sure Pez at Hogtunes offers a discount to any HTT member. Just ask them when you call.

Garry
We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of SMART!

Tre_11 FLHX

Pez does offer a discount and used to have a seperate Website for HTT members.  Maybe one the admins will assist.

Tre'
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

04Glider2

I am using the Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 and it fits easily in either the batwing or sharknose fairing. Comes with all the wires except the power and ground. You supply those and the fuse arrangement.
Plenty of power in a very small package. $168 through one of Amazon's listings.
Uses 4 Ohm speakers. Won't work with the 2 Ohm types.

texaskatfish

War I aint much help 'cause I don't recall the brand name - but I saw a rider on a road king a few years back that had an amp small enough to fit in his headlight nacelle - that suckah was loud enough I could hear HIS tunes riding beside him at 80 mph on I-10
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

Bluebagger

War Horse, try E-Glide Goodies. Just posted about CD players in Earls Place. Should have put here. Thought I did.   :bf:
Bob V

biggzed

I have an ARC Audio KS125.2 mini running four 4ohm speakers wired in parallel. Sounds great. That amp fits inside my road glide fairing and I've seen it used inside plenty of bat wings. Comes with everything you need to wire and mount it. Wire it up to good set of 4 ohm speakers and you will be amazed at the improvement. I have ran mine hard for long periods of time at the 2 ohm load it is wired up at and have never had it shut down on me. I've recently read a few people having trouble with the Rockford PBR300x4 overheating and shutting down.

The ARC is more expensive, but I think you get what you pay for.

JMO
Zach

acbacb

I got the J&M 250watt amp designed for the inside of the batwing. Plug & Play w/ provided harness. It is coupled with the J&M Rokker speakers and I am very pleased.
2012 FLHX Street Glide

timtoolman

It was very easy , hardest was running harness to rear speakers
Hillside 117 ,  2009 ultra
HTCS (AW/SW) USN RET.

War Horse

Thanks for all the input guys, I bit the bullet yesterday and ordered the HogTunes Ultra set up, called Cali Phil , Phil is great to deal with, and made me an excellent price to boot. I wish more places had his attitude and professionalism, he will be the first to call for any future orders.  :up: