May 01, 2024, 06:31:15 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

trailer lighting

Started by quikbike, January 25, 2009, 05:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quikbike

I've got a Cargo Pro 1 bike trailer that I use to get my bike to Daytona. I've been having trouble with the wiring burning out when using the running lights. Last straw was last month when a friend used the trailer to go to Delaware to get an Exiles Cycle bike he bought on E-bay and at  midnight he lost trailer lighting on the beltway in Washington and had to use the flashers to get home.  This trailer has 15 marker lights with 2 bulbs per housing. Each bulb sucks up .33 amp this adds up to 9.90 amps just for marker lights. Add in the plate light and stop/turn/run lights and your up to almost 12 amps. its no wonder I'm burning wiring. Well I bite the bullet and ordered LEDs to replace the markers and tail lights. From what I figure the Amps drawn is going to drop to about 2 amps this should keep the lights on. Leaving for FL on 2/26 looks like I'll have lights this year.....LOL

jeff
I hate snow