May 02, 2024, 03:43:25 PM

News:

Just wondering

Started by neten-o, January 25, 2009, 06:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neten-o

I went to the dealers the other day and saw a very nice looking customised XBones..think that is what they are called..It had a single saddle,lower bars, springer forks, and a nice trick mat black paint job...and a price tag of £18.000...And I was set to wondering what the next styling move will be from H.D...will we perhaps see 'new'Pan heads ,knuck's and Shovel's rolling of the production line..I do hope so, and can hardly wait...Rich. :smilep:

harpo1313

would be nice,but all i see in the future is more wiring,plumbing,,and plastic.o and also another liquid in the capacity chart :teeth:

76shuvlinoff

With the rebirth of retro muscle cars here in the States due to the baby boomers yearning to re-live their (our) youth. I have been hoping for the same to happen with bikes. However, I think the sad shape of the world economy the available money for "toys" among average consumers has kind of dried up... for now.

Mark
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

CraigArizona85248

No way are you going to see them going back to knuck, pan or shovel motors.  You are already seeing them going to retro style, but thats just surface stuff (seats, tins, etc.).  Mechanically they will continue to move forward, not backwards.  Can you imagine trying to get a panhead to pass the current emissions requirements here in the U.S.?  I realize they don't have the same emissions requirements in all parts of the world (stiffer in some parts), but the U.S. is 80% of Harley-Davidson's market.  They have to be able to sell the bikes here.

You might see them build a motor that is a fake of a knuck, pan or shovel (you know... those God aweful xotic cover-up things).  But those are an abomination in my book.  I throw up a little every time I see one.

-Craig

MMOCGuy

Craig's right on the money.

Here in California, if our governator has his way, the current crop of Harley-Davidsons won't pass California smog requirements in 2010 and the FEDS here in the US are never far behind California when it comes to smog regulations. I'm afraid that things are not looking good too bright for the future of internal combustion engines as we know them. That's why I intend to keep my old shovelhead for as long as I can get parts for it!!  :up:

Norm.

ricochet

Although it would be cool I think it's way to late for HD to jump on that bandwagon with the advent of all the aftermarket choices available.  Not that they would anyhow for the various reasons already mentioned.

ricochet

ol skool rules

Quote from: MMOCGuy on January 25, 2009, 09:15:18 AM
Craig's right on the money.

Here in California, if our governator has his way, the current crop of Harley-Davidsons won't pass California smog requirements in 2010 and the FEDS here in the US are never far behind California when it comes to smog regulations. I'm afraid that things are not looking good too bright for the future of internal combustion engines as we know them. That's why I intend to keep my old shovelhead for as long as I can get parts for it!!  :up:

Norm.

yup what he said....all harley's are gonna be fuel injection, water cooled, just around the corner

neten-o

I'll stick with what I have then..  :wink: