May 08, 2024, 07:25:09 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

106ci lugs on cold starts??

Started by razorwire, April 17, 2012, 06:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

razorwire

I'm concerned about some lugging I hear on cold start on my new S&S 106 Big Bore kit. I'm thinking that it's probably mostly due to the Thunder Max but I just want to get some opinions. I did a search but could not find anything related.

I only have approx 300kms on this new build and the TMAX canned map I downloaded matches the exact setup that I have. It seems to only lug at idle on the first cold start of the day, it last about 5 seconds or so then it seems the idling regulates and works fin after that. I'm wondering if the tmax needs more time to learn or if it's something else that I should be concerned about. When riding it works great. Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks!
2009 Road Glide
NB, Canada

rbabos

Quote from: razorwire on April 17, 2012, 06:07:25 AM
I'm concerned about some lugging I hear on cold start on my new S&S 106 Big Bore kit. I'm thinking that it's probably mostly due to the Thunder Max but I just want to get some opinions. I did a search but could not find anything related.

I only have approx 300kms on this new build and the TMAX canned map I downloaded matches the exact setup that I have. It seems to only lug at idle on the first cold start of the day, it last about 5 seconds or so then it seems the idling regulates and works fin after that. I'm wondering if the tmax needs more time to learn or if it's something else that I should be concerned about. When riding it works great. Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks!
I'm suspecting you meant loping as in really rich. Cold start needs to be leaned out some. I had the same problem when I ran one. You could try leaning the effected temps in the AFR vs Engine Temp Map.
Ron

Admiral Akbar

Have you done an IAC auto calibrate yet?

Max

razorwire

I haven't done an auto calibrate yet. I'm hoping to get the pc on the t-max (autotune) this week and try that and just verify that I have the correct map as a starting point.
2009 Road Glide
NB, Canada