May 08, 2024, 05:49:48 PM

News:

Installed my Hogtunes kit today

Started by War Horse, April 18, 2012, 02:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

War Horse

April 18, 2012, 02:24:37 PM Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:39:10 PM by War Horse
and all I can say is WOW  :teeth: , I got the "Bigultra" kit and there's no comparison to the stock system what so ever. It came with a 160 amp and 4 speakers (probably added 20lbs in magnets alone). Took me about 2 1/2 hours to install, including a coffee break and painting my speaker covers and also replaced the turn signal module while in there.

I did have to call the co. for some tech help as I had no rear speaker harness,so wiring was different than written up, the tech was friendly and to the point, professional. It seemed easy after that.

On a personal observation, the instructions might have been a bit more helpfull for older applications, the older speedo cable and odometer reset cable made for centering impossible , thus causing the outer faring to go on very tight. I will get a new electric antenna next week and pull the outer fairing again to see where/if things are rubbing.

I got the unit through California Phil, who BTW is a heck of a nice guy that cares about what we do with what he sells , also cut me a good HTT member (site supporter) price.

I am tickled pink with the whole deal and recommend it fully......... now I just gotta remember to turn down the volume when around the popo...  :wink:

Disclaimer;, I'm not affiliated with either business's, just putting it out there for my friends to possibly make an informed decision.
A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory

Pirsch Fire Wagon

I've had one for about a year and what a difference. However, I did receive a wiring harness for the rear speakers. Used it; but wonder why? There's already a harness in place.

Wife and kids were home so it wouldn't have bothered me to rebuild the friggin engine to have some time to my self, 100 degrees, high humidity, beating sub, no fluids, sun burn.... Great....  :banghead:
Tom

War Horse

The rear harness connects much like the front ones, that way you can run it on 4 channel and the fader will work on the Ultra.

My bike wasn't born an Ultra, it morphed into one over the years so I had to go with the 2 channel setting and have no fader, but its all good. I cant wait to go for a ride with it , but it looks like we're in for rain through Sunday  :crook: ....... I might just have to get wet  :bike:
A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory

calif phil

It was a pleasure doing business with you and I am glad you like the Hogtunes kit.  They put out nice products and stand behind them. 

Thanks again!