April 28, 2024, 05:35:02 AM

News:

baker hi torque bearing

Started by darrelbarrows, January 25, 2009, 12:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrelbarrows

Does the hi torque bearing eliminate the bearing race on the trans main shaft? Is there an advantage to using these? Is there any kind of spacers that have to be install after wards.. I have tried looking for info on this but don't seem to be finding much even on bakers site..

as always thanks for the help

Buddy WMC

Yep,
Sure does and works like a champ. I swapped it out after discovering that the race had been walking on the mainshaft when installing my DD6.

darrelbarrows

is there any kind of spacer you have to install or is this just a stright forward swap...

thanks

Buddy WMC

Darrel,
Just a straight forward swap. Remove the bearing race from the mainshaft, you'll need a special tool to do this unless it is loose. An Indy can do this in five minutes, but will need the bike or the trans unless you can borrow the tool. Remove the factory bearing and seal from the inner primary and replace with the Baker components.

I'd replace any other suspect seals or bushings while you have the inner primary off. Baker also has a hardened pulley spacer available that will not groove out like the softer factory material will. This would be a good time to install that along with a new quad seal and mainseal. I use only the Genuine James double lipped seals with the exception of the Baker supplied inner primary seal.

Hillside Motorcycle

...........but not available for 08 and up.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

darrelbarrows

thanks for the info, I fabed up a tool to pull the race. Toolk me longer to make the tool than to pull the darn thing..

Buddy WMC

Quote from: Hillsidecyclecom on January 26, 2009, 05:32:42 PM
...........but not available for 08 and up.

Scott,
But we all got EVO'S here :smile:!!