April 27, 2024, 07:02:50 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

comfortable seat suggestions?

Started by 2glides, April 23, 2012, 09:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2glides

All,    We just purchased a used 2009 sportster 1200 "low" for the  wife. We love the bike as it's the right size for her and fits her perfectly. The only problem is that the seat sucks! Does anyone have any suggestions on a seat that is comfortable and still remains realatively low?
Thanks in advance,
2Glides

andyxlh

April 23, 2012, 05:41:51 PM #1 Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:31:38 PM by andyxlh
Hello mate
There's only one answer for me - Corbin. they are not cheap, but are real leather, quite firm and very low and fit superbly. Mustang and Le Pera are good too, but I've had those - the Corbin is the most expensive but by far the best IMHO.
I have the solo touring seat, but the Hollywood solo is the really low narrow seat they make (I presume they make it for the later bikes...)
cheers
Andy
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a roll of Duck tape then you're in trouble

LDB187

For comfort, from what I've had, is the sundowner is more comfortable but you may want to consider lowering blocks for the rear shocks.  I tried progressive short shocks but bottomed out or too stiff so forget those.  I'm currently running a hd solo on my wife's 07 1200L. Not for all day rides but good for short hops of 50-70 miles or so.  My wife weighs a few pounds w/thick thighs and is short (thank GOD she don't read this fourm) and it's been a challange to say the least.  She currently has a 2012 FLD that we're trying to make comfortable.
Clarksville, TN