April 27, 2024, 09:02:20 AM

News:

change to cv ?

Started by hogpipes1, January 26, 2009, 11:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogpipes1

HI, thinking about going from stock manif & carb on 85 evo to cv & man.what yr manifold will fit this 80" evo ? it has the complyance fittings w/manif.? thanks .

CraigArizona85248

The EVO starting using the CV in 1989 if I recall correctly... so a 1989-1999 EVO intake will work.

-Craig

egstandard

Craig is correct. In case you don't know, you will need the cv throttle and idle cables also.

still_havinfun

they started using the cv carb on the 1990 models. my 89 ultra still has the butterfly carb with compliance fittings for the intake.

L-

Changing the manifold is fine but isn't there an adapter for the CV install on older manifolds?

L-

My  five year old Custom Chrome book shows an aluminum flange adapter #040324 that should work.

CraigArizona85248

I would change the manifold.  Adding the adapter just creates another place where it might leak.  In the case where a CV manifold is not available (for older motors like knucks, pans and shovels) an adapter is the best solution.  But CV manifolds for Evos are easy to get and very cheap.

-Craig

hogpipes1

I will pick up a manif- at next swap meet, cv i have . the adp. is ok for quick set up but this 85 has oe comp. boots and they will start to leak as soon as i get the job done i can bet on that. So new manif-it will be ,less bs to go wrg. thanks .

CraigArizona85248

hogpipes,

I've got a Evo/CV intake on the shelf in the garage.  It's not a part I can use, so it's yours if you'd like it.  PM or email me and we'll figure out how to get it to you.

-Craig

hogpipes1

Craig  you have mail. thanks