May 07, 2024, 10:33:45 AM

News:

TMAT ?

Started by Coff 06, January 26, 2009, 02:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coff 06

Got my 02 bungs welded in and have about 150mi on my new Tmax w/autotune.Just curious about how much seat time until it starts "fine" tuning?The bike runs good,but it needs work on low to mid range.As always TIA :smiled:  Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

Arrowsmit

Ride in those RPM/TP as much as possible & remember to shut the bike down often as well cause the TMAT stores learned offsets & starts a new 'session' at every start-up. After 150 mi you should be seeing improvement, possibly needs the timing tweeked.

VicW.

nc-renegade

Also, might want to set your percent of max map adjustment up to max....IIRC 25%.  This is under close loop module settings.

If it will not tune in on those areas, then your base map is off by over 25% in those locations.  The only thing you can do at that point is find someone with advance software so they can read out your offsets and write them back.  This establishes a new base map, which provides a new starting point for the autotune to work with.  I've had to do this on my recent 107 build.
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP

Admiral Akbar

The 150 miles is good enough to see what is going in. Dump the map and learned offsets and see how it is doing.. Using the latest SW I believe you can apply a smoothing function and apply the learned offsets to map and write it back in. The unit can then apply more offset as necessary..

From what I've seen on my stage 1 bagger is that the throttle seems soft low. Twist the wick and it will get up and go no problem. I figure some of this is the conservative timing maps that are supplied. Max

Coff 06

I have a place to ride with lots of hills and slow speeds,I think I will give it some more time and try to cover all RPM ranges,then go from there,Thanks again, Coff 06

kevmac

Quote from: MaxHeadflow on January 27, 2009, 07:07:21 AM
The 150 miles is good enough to see what is going in. Dump the map and learned offsets and see how it is doing.. Using the latest SW I believe you can apply a smoothing function and apply the learned offsets to map and write it back in. The unit can then apply more offset as necessary..

From what I've seen on my stage 1 bagger is that the throttle seems soft low. Twist the wick and it will get up and go no problem. I figure some of this is the conservative timing maps that are supplied. Max

write learned offsets for the first hundred or so about three times. it will straighten out quick :wink:
07 RK 103 bob wright heads, wt4d, and so on.
05 custom chop 113ci 10
98 fatbo

7hogs

There is a new software update coming out that will start smoothing the learned offsets when you apply them. When I am not sure. You just need to ride it and give it some time.

mtnmotorrider

In my experience with several changes over the past three years, it takes about 500 miles with several ignition switch cycles to get the thing fulling tuned.
I like most dogs better than most people.

Coff 06

Finally got the time to get the computer hooked up to the bike again.Tried the suggestions and it made a change in the bike right away.Almost have enough miles to do it again.Thanks for the help as the TMAT is all new to me.BTW the bike seams to run better and better.The new build is about broke in.Thanks again, :smiled: Coff 06

nightmare7306

Coff 06,

will you be putting it on a dyno at all? I have a similar build in the works and would be interested in seeing it.

7hogs

Do you have the current software?

If you do have you applied your learned off sets yet?

Coff 06

Have 1100mi now,yes I will see a dyno,but not for a while.Having knee replacement surgery today.Yes I updated and did offsets,put map range to 25%,bike runs great in all RPM's now. :up: :smiled: Coff 06

nightmare7306

Good luck with the surgery. Speedy recovery!